shanling mc 30 music center with high sensitive 16 ohm speaker ??

navaron

Hi dear everyone
do anyone know Shanling mc 30 music center ?? a cd player with am. fm. tuner but only 3 watt rated into 8 ohms. i wanna know if i can use this with my 16 ohms 98db speakers, will it be harmful for my Shanling mc 30 music center in the long run ?? please if anyone knows about it let me know. thanks

Attachments

• Shanling MC30.jpg
    Shanling MC30.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 26
16 Ohm is an easy load for any amplifier. Maybe you won't be able to extract "all" 3 watts from the amp, but that does not matter.
You should be able to have it really very loud with such sensitive speakers.
No long term problem should come from this.

What can be harmful to tube amps is to run them without any load at all.

How does it sound ?

16 Ohm is an easy load for any amplifier. Maybe you won't be able to extract "all" 3 watts from the amp, but that does not matter.
You should be able to have it really very loud with such sensitive speakers.
No long term problem should come from this.

What can be harmful to tube amps is to run them without any load at all.

How does it sound ?

wow Bert 1100 thanks dear for your reply and really very sorry for the late reply, yeah that shanling mc 30 sounds really good. So i think i also can drive those 16 ohm speakers with my sugden a21a 25 watt per channel rated 8 ohm right ?? i asked about the sugden and 16 ohm speaker in another thread but no one replied. please let me know that too. thanks again

So i think i also can drive those 16 ohm speakers with my sugden a21a 25 watt per channel rated 8 ohm right ??
Definitely, no problems there.

It becomes a problem with speakers that are below 4ohms, they are a tough load for solid state amps.

16ohm is an easy load, it just means you will not be able to get as much power from the amp as you would on 8ohm speakers...

Definitely, no problems there.

It becomes a problem with speakers that are below 4ohms, they are a tough load for solid state amps.

16ohm is an easy load, it just means you will not be able to get as much power from the amp as you would on 8ohm speakers...
thank you dear as always.

Back
Top Bottom