Share your mancave...

SS's Fungeon

Here is a panoramic shot with moar thrown in.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Helmets will be unboxed and shelved above the Bud rain and recruiting posters....
6.jpg

My cave of men is too small to get any decent pics so I made this panorama shot to get everything in the shot.

The look I'm going for is late 70's clusterfuck...

attachment.php

Here is a panoramic shot with moar thrown in.

View attachment 568802View attachment 568803View attachment 568804View attachment 568805View attachment 568807

Helmets will be unboxed and shelved above the Bud rain and recruiting posters....
View attachment 568808

Awesome,both you guys.I've got a long way to go.

Awesome,both you guys.I've got a long way to go.
Thank you, jd! :thmbsp:
It has been a long row to hoe getting the fungeon where it is now.
Eventually I'd like to add some can lights, but the acoustic tile is stapled to the overhead in authentic late 60s / early 70s construction practices.
I'd just as soon take an ass whoopin' as tackle that right now.
That will be a job for next winter. :whip:
I have too many irons in the fire now and spring [riding weather] is just around the corner. :boink:

That is really an outstanding idea!

Please comment on what does, or does not, work and how it sounds.

Thank you!

Thanks. No baffle or baffle-less speakers have been around for awhile. I use this frame to test FR drivers for use in open baffles. Saves lots of work this way.

The bass OB woofers stay in place when I hang new drivers in the frame as a small driver has zero bass in free air. The sound is very open and airy, certainly good enough to use long term unless you love to tinker as much as you love to listen. Afraid I'm guilty of that :D

I use fishing line to suspend the drivers.

Thanks. No baffle or baffle-less speakers have been around for awhile. I use this frame to test FR drivers for use in open baffles. Saves lots of work this way.

The bass OB woofers stay in place when I hang new drivers in the frame as a small driver has zero bass in free air. The sound is very open and airy, certainly good enough to use long term unless you love to tinker as much as you love to listen. Afraid I'm guilty of that :D

I use fishing line to suspend the drivers.
I have never experemented with OB speakers and have much to learn. My apologies up front if I ask any dumb questions.

Do you find that mounting them in a regular OB 'enclosure' (should I call it an enclosure? ) improves the sound over your test frame?

The devotees of no baffles feel that configuration has merit but I prefer regular open baffles. Woofers produce more bass with baffles than in free air and designs like H-frame OB's make more bass than flat baffle OB's.

It's hard to build an open baffle speaker that looks half way decent and those no baffle frames aren't going to win any beauty contests. And lacking structural integrity they're a bit flimsy compared to solid MDF baffles.

If you're interested in putting together some OB's or want some ideas on getting started don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

I say "putting together" as in the case of OB's it's more accurate than "building". :yes:

The devotees of no baffles feel that configuration has merit but I prefer regular open baffles. Woofers produce more bass with baffles than in free air and designs like H-frame OB's make more bass than flat baffle OB's.

It's hard to build an open baffle speaker that looks half way decent and those no baffle frames aren't going to win any beauty contests. And lacking structural integrity they're a bit flimsy compared to solid MDF baffles.

If you're interested in putting together some OB's or want some ideas on getting started don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

I say "putting together" as in the case of OB's it's more accurate than "building". :yes:

Thank you. I have a pair of University 6201's and would like to try them in an OB. I'll PM you.

My man cave. Had a small home built about a year ago and the garage is my only refuge now. Was cleaning it out today, s0 figured I'd take some pics.

This room used to be a "craft" room. I took it over when I relinquished the downstairs living room to the Mrs. Not a lot of room but it's still nice to have a place to listen to music and try out different gear.

Attachments

• mancave 005.jpg
    mancave 005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 97
  • mancave 004.jpg
    mancave 004.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 82
  • mancave 003.jpg
    mancave 003.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 85
  • mancave 002.jpg
    mancave 002.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 114
  • mancave 001.jpg
    mancave 001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 131
  • mancave 007.jpg
    mancave 007.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi,

I'd like to chime in. In the ever lasting quest for more bass I've installed a real theatre system in my cave. I've been working some time on it, but I think I've finished the system :tresbon:

It's all Bose pro gear, so the Bose-haters can have a field trip as well :banana:

attachment.php

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?
attachmentid=555542&stc=1&d=1416610157

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You certainly won't get any complaints from me! Honestly, I'd love to hear that system. I understand that the bass from those cannons are supposed to be pretty impressive!

This room used to be a "craft" room. I took it over when I relinquished the downstairs living room to the Mrs. Not a lot of room but it's still nice to have a place to listen to music and try out different gear.
Is that a "framed" TJB album? Dude you have quite the eclectic taste going on there. Cool. Like me, I have the upstairs. So crowded now. I should post a updated image.

Can't believe my thread is back from the dead. Saved from the Archives eh?

Let's keep 'er going:

I had started dismantling listening room ...and then came to my senses!
Bringing 'er back, but with a little more mancave feel than before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The system is:
Rega Planar 2/AQ PT6 arm/SAE 1000e>CNC phono stage>Guanzo 2 tube pre>Carver TFM35>Genesis II
I also have a TPA3116 based amp that I swap for the Carver sometimes

Attachments

• 090515 a.jpg
    090515 a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 386
  • 090515 e.jpg
    090515 e.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 389
Is that a "framed" TJB album? Dude you have quite the eclectic taste going on there. Cool. Like me, I have the upstairs. So crowded now. I should post a updated image.

Can't believe my thread is back from the dead. Saved from the Archives eh?

Yes, I framed it. It's one of those album covers that I remember drooling over as an adolescent. :)

I'll post a few pics.

21046231878_b8c8831faf_b.jpg

Where all of my oh-so-interesting AK posts come from.

And these are the listening/music storage areas:
21207893996_4d11b125f7_b.jpg

21242101391_6e3c3d4d6c_b.jpg

20613013433_446ff7efe4_b.jpg

Here's a fairly recent photo that gives a fair idea of my MC. I usually like to sit in quite subdued lighting, curtains closed with a solo spotlight on the picture above the plasma screen.
Hmm :scratch2: - this must have been taken a couple of years back as almost ALL the electronics are now different! And the 'kitten protection grilles' on the MBL bass drivers have now been removed.
But still, it gives you an idea.

I would love to hear those, what a treat!

Dan

The adult side of the "family cave":
86c606c1a37eaec0cdddac8d98c138b5.jpg

Integrated Amp: Yamaha A-S501
Universal Player: Denon DVD-757
Turntable: Audio Technica AT-LP120 w/AT95E
Speakers: Paradigm Monitor 90p v3
Coming Soon: AppleTV 4

5111381ab56e295970c8a00778ab7cda.jpg

1ed4dd303f0b322f9e41fcb16bf32697.jpg

6eeb220cc0502b55d65a602d95033d47.jpg

f77eb64786f55860b0a209013e873ea3.jpg