Sheffeild cd's?

LPD

I picked up a Sheffeild cd by Tower Of Power today. I didn't know this stuff was released on cd!!! The usual top notch recording quality. Keeping my eyes peeled now!!!

There is a Sheffield "Drum" cd that is legendary. It is just drums, and is supposed to be a real good reference tool for evaluating system performance.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Sheffield Drive

One of my students brought me a CD he had burned himself which has "Sheffield Drive" scribbled on it in felt marker. The last two tracks are drums. There is some nice stuff on this CD.

I posted about this once before asking if anyone had heard of this but got no responses.

Rob

I got a couple of their Cd's. One that I have is the drum Cd...It really is a cool recording of a little drum-n-jam session...at least the last two tracks are. It's a great recording...it's got some good drummin'...with great dynamics! Rob...you've got to play this one on your big horns :eek:

I'm not sure if Sheffield has them out yet or not...but they are supposed to be working on some SACD's. Another cool label is Mapleshade...if you don't have any mapleshade recordings...at least order the MAPLESHADE'S MUSICAL FESTIVAL sampler.

I've got the "Drum & Track" record. I've used it for years to demo equipment and just "kick out the jams". It's one way to get there attention!

MikE

Originally posted by MikE
I've got the "Drum & Track" record. I've used it for years to demo equipment and just "kick out the jams". It's one way to get there attention!

MikE

Mike,

Drum and Track record? What does a 'track' sound like? Is it like half the sound of a track and field? Sounds of silence? Railway track...clickety clickety? Please 'splain. I'm eager to find good system test material.

Rob

Demo Tracks

Is what they are referring to. It's a pretty cool reference disc. MikE

Can anyone tell me where to buy such a thing? I live in Can'tada. Do these have something like an ISBN number like books?

Thanx,
Rob

Rob...there are some Hi-Fi dealers that carry the CD's...but they always seem to charge a little more than Sheffield themselves.

You can get a hold of them the old fashioned way...a phone call. here's the website with tele number.

Gents- Wonder if they catalog "The King James Version" by Harry James on CD? That record will blow the top of yr head off, even if you don't much care for big band music.-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom