Sherwood S5500 Schematic

GregBilodeau

Does anyone have a schematic for the S5500 that uses four 7591 tubes? I can find the schematic for the 7868 tubes but not the 7591's.
THX

Gregb

Would either of you kind folks mind emailing that in to the AK database? This version doesn't currently appear in the list.

I went to the database, is there a way to do it ourselves? If not, whom do I email it to?

Does anyone have a schematic for the S5500 that uses four 7591 tubes? I can find the schematic for the 7868 tubes but not the 7591's.
THX

Gregb
Are you familiar with the website 'made in Rochester' , IIANM. It is all about Stromberg Carlson, radios and amps. Very good data base with schematics pictures and info.

THX

Gregb

The schematic that was posted is for the version that has the output tubes that stick out the back horizontally. Is that the version you have?

If you have a version that has them mounted at an angle surrounded by a heat shield it will be different. Sherwood was known to make a lot of running changes to their amps so it's not uncommon to find some differences between the amp and the schematic.

All the Sherwoods are fantastic amps.

This one has the 7591 tubes sticking straight out the back. I just bought and don't have it yet but sure am looking forward to getting it and doing the resto, I have heard lots of good things about the Sherwood amps and this will be my first.

Gregb

Sorry to bring up an old thread but it seems like a good place. Just got an S5500. Unfortunately no tubes but good cosmetics.
John

Congrats! Any pics? How is the faceplate? These lose paint pretty easily, especially around the volume knob. When looking for a service manual, check the serial number of your unit against the manuals. I had to buy a paper repro cause the online ones available didn't match.

There is a little smutz on a couple of the knobs but the face and case are in very good condition. The copper plating on the chassis is beautiiful. I think it will turn out to be a nice result when I get the circuits restored.
Thanks,
John

if its that weird white gummy stuff, that will come off with a tooth brush and warm soapy water. Not precisely sure what it is, maybe the plastic "shedding", but both of mine had that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom