SHIPPING INSURANCE

Ghonk

GREG
I bought a receiver on ebay and had it shipped directly to a tech for repair,about $190 total cost with shipping.
It is now repaired at a cost of $480.:eek:

It will be shipped to me i assume by UPS or Fedex,and i want to insure it for what i have into it,$670.
My question is what happens if it gets damaged in shipping,how would i prove the value of it.
Obviously i couldn't show them the receipt for $190 which included $70 shipping to the tech,or even the repair receipt which wouldn't include the original cost.

Two sold recently on ebay for $475 and $485 i think in was,but neither were partially restored like mine will be.

I'd guess that you'd be constrained to the $500 or less figure. Like many restorations or renovations, one rarely gets back what they put in. If you want to get more back, the burden will be on you to show the added value in the market.
Packing it well on the way out, and hoping they ship it back the same is key. Protect it well, and you should be fine. For every horror story you read about here, there are probably 1000s os safely delivered goods.

Thanks for your reply,i'm just going to insure it for a bunch.:D
If they don't cover it for more then $500 i will only be wasting a few bucks for the extra.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom