BikesAndCameras

HI
I have a pair of Kef Q3 speakers that I want to sell. I have had them on my local Criaglist without much interest so now thinking about ebay instead. I know I can put them on there a local pickup only but that limits the market somewhat and I wondered if any of you have had much experience with shipping speakers like these.

They are quite tall at 3 feet and obviously I want them to arrive in good condition.

Any tips, or lessons learned from experience would be helpful as I want to have a plan before posting them for sale.

Thanks in advance

Wrong forum area.

Contact KEF and see if you can order the proper shipping materials.

No experience making speaker packing. If you can find boxes right size. I believe there are shipping store fronts that can do expanding foam inside plastic bags, formed around objects. Clamshell shape around the two ends. Sure you have seem examples. Maybe double box.

Use large cell bubble wrap and furniture grade styrofoam sheets. Be generous with the packing material and make sure the item is firmly packed.

You can pack those yourself, the key is always finding the right materials. Box in a box is generally the safest way, once you get the unusual sides in a uniform box, it is easier to then safely repack into a larger box. Some of the best materials come from furniture store packing, check around your area, most stores appreciate someone coming to get materials, they typically have great corner pieces which are essential for speakers. That domed part can be done with some expandable foam packs, they are expensive, but necessary for such sections, so be sure to figure that into your packing costs. I always like to wrap anything I sell in plastic wrap first to avoid any styrofoam bits getting into crevices and the like and it helps avoid scratches during shipping.

I also recommend that if the grills have pegs . Do NOT ship them attached to the speaker they break to easily during transit . So allow room for the grills along the sides of the speakers

I also recommend that if the grills have pegs . Do NOT ship them attached to the speaker they break to easily during transit . So allow room for the grills along the sides of the speakers

If I ever ship speakers again (not likely), I'll ship grills in separate box.

Back
Top Bottom