Should I buy a nice Marantz 2225?

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by alexsurber, Oct 20, 2007.

1. alexsurber

alexsurber Fisher Fanatic

I saw a nice Marantz 2225, wondering if I should buy it, how much do they go for, good condition?
  2. tarior

tarior Dirty pool, old man?

Yes, buy it.
  3. tboat4

tboat4 Super Member

Recent sales on that auction site were in the $40 to $100 range. Currently there are 2 active auctions going on.
  4. winters860

winters860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

If you need a 25 wpc receiver or the price is too low to turn down, then yes, you need it.

Otherwise, I'd probably leave it for the next guy.

/Just paid give-or-take market value for a 2225 at a yard sale. :yikes: - Bought it for the cabinet, which I'll keep after I've re-couped my money in the receiver.
  5. suprpntr

suprpntr closet vintage stereo fan

I had bought my first marantz, the 2225 a couple months ago. I like it and 25 wpc sounds pretty loud and good. Although to be honest, I just aquirred a 2226b, and a 2270 on the cheap. Both units make the 2225 look like the lower grade unit is was.

If its cheap, I'd pick it up. Could always use it as a unit to 'experiement' on.
  6. Tmac83

Tmac83 Super Member

if it's a good price I agree with everyone else pick it up
  7. fazman

fazman Well-Known Member

Price is everything and so is condition. You don't want to find yourself spending big repair dollars on it.
    FWIW, I have a 2220B that sounds fantastic. If your speakers are efficient, like 95db or more, then the amp will sound lilke a monster. :thmbsp: