Should "stereocuuple" become "stereocouple"?

Should 'stereocuuple' become 'stereocouple'?

• Total voters

stereocuuple

Two Channel Only
Subscriber
Ok all,

I was reading an old thread about a member who wanted to change his user name, and it made me think. Should we "correct" the spelling in our name? I use the quotes because to us, after all this time, 'stereocuuple' is kinda correct. We have both grown to like it, in a way.

Initially, Eric signed us up for AK, and accidentally spelled the name wrong. We both just assumed that that was what it would have to be. Never even realized that we would be able to change it, and never thought to ask until today. The subject came when I saw the old thread.

Anyway, we would consider changing if it would make things easier for any of you all, though I can't imagine that many of you would even notice. We can't decide what to do, so please help us.

Should we become 'stereocouple'? Or is 'stereocuuple' OK?:scratch2:

Thanks,
Erin&Eric

It takes two 'you's to make a couple, and the best ones are where those 'U's become nearly identical. Keep it. It's U.

I think it depends on whether it was just an honest typing mistake, or if there is some reason or "back story" to it. Even if it was just a mistake, if you can come up with a good (comical and/or plausible) story to justify it, leave it! If it was a mistake and seeing it makes you feel dumb (as implied in one voting option), then correct it. User names are personal choices, and don't have to conform to spelling rules; they can be regular words, plays on words, or just something you made up and like the sound of. They can have a public meaning and/or a private meaning. Whatever you are most comfortable with, just use that. "Stereocuuple" is a bit weird, but because of that, memorable. "Stereocouple" makes more sense, and perhaps conveys more meaning (I'll admit to having scratched my head and wondered whether there was any explanation for the uunuusual spelling, beyond a typo! :D)

Leave it, after all this time I wouldn't recognize your posts.:D
Regards,
Jim

I think that you should leave it - This is how the AK community knows you and obviously you are both well liked.

We have members using names with unusual spellings, and everyone adapts. Timing is everything. If it was the next day, before your identity had been established, changing it might have made sense. Now, not so much, I think.

It's not really a 'typo' now, it's your name.

Thanks for the responses. I think the two 'u's is kinda cool too, seeing as how there are two of us. Please everybody, keep voting though.

I can't believe nobody has chosen 'you guys are dumb' !

Thanks,
Erin

Thanks for the responses. I think the two 'u's is kinda cool too, seeing as how there are two of us. Please everybody, keep voting though.

I can't believe nobody has chosen 'you guys are dumb' !

Thanks,
Erin
It's because you aren't.
Keep it. :yes:
Tom

Back
Top Bottom