Show Me Your Sansui!

I currently have a RA-500 reverb amp on my main system. I am thinking about adding a reverb amp to my secondary system and was curious if anyone has heard the difference between the RA-500 and Sansui's other offerings, RA-700, RA-900 & RA-990?
Thanks.

I currently have a RA-500 reverb amp on my main system. I am thinking about adding a reverb amp to my secondary system and was curious if anyone has heard the difference between the RA-500 and Sansui's other offerings, RA-700, RA-900 & RA-990?
Thanks.
Between RA500 and 700 there is no difference, except for the weight. The RA700 has roughly 1 kg less. Both have 11 transistors and three Diodes. I don't hear any difference. The newer ones I did not hear yet.

Between RA500 and 700 there is no difference, except for the weight. The RA700 has roughly 1 kg less. Both have 11 transistors and three Diodes. I don't hear any difference. The newer ones I did not hear yet.
Thanks aileenamegan,
I have heard the RA-990 was available with a silver face and thought it might look better along side my G-8000.

Than
Thanks Hack,
Correct, Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11.
Thanks MistaChen, I am still learning about many of these different systems. If I understand correctly, you feed your digital signal via a wired connection to the DAC input, it converts the digital signal to analog and feeds that to your receiver. Do I have that correct?
Thanks.

Than

Thanks MistaChen, I am still learning about many of these different systems. If I understand correctly, you feed your digital signal via a wired connection to the DAC input, it converts the digital signal to analog and feeds that to your receiver. Do I have that correct?
Thanks.

Correct, i have 2 digital inputs: my cd player via s/pdif and my laptop via usb. I'm a caveman when it comes to digital music so I'm certain I'm not the one to be teaching anyone about it

Looks like you have just started something. By the way love those 555 series.
I am going to get me some, and great photography!
IMG_0228.JPG Hi. I'm new here and found your thread. Here's my sansui 9090. Believe it or not I saved it from the dumpster. The guy I got it from was getting ready to heave it in the dumpster when I saw it. It plays flawless and is my main receiver. I guess sometimes good things do come to those who wait. Just happy to have saved it

Sansui bug bit me and I scratched it.
IMG_0934_1.jpg

Nice setup.
To protect the surfaces of my speakers, I put always a very thin, transparent film from car tuners on it. Self adhesive and you always could remove it without traces. Looks a bit more elegant.

Started off as a $3 JVC portable cassette player I bought from a Facebook sale site.. after the original deal, I sent the seller a message letting them know what I collect.

They replied saying.. "yes, they have a few things in my list" so I really had no idea what they had, but I met the seller at a storage facility, and as soon as the door was opened I knew I had to have it.

Everything came with the original manuals and sales receipts. This is just the Sansui equipment, there was also some Technics, Akai and Panasonic.

The story I was told was the Hubby bought all the stuff brand new when he was stationed in Guam. Makes sense because some of the warranty cards say "military purchase only"

lol...no the Fiat wasnt in the deal, I bought it in 2014 so they have been around a while now. Its great for zipping around town... but Ive also taken it on a few 6 hour road trips and it does fine! My son bought a red one.

Back
Top Bottom