Show off your big listening space

04blackmaxx

Considering there are several threads dedicated to small listening spaces. There has got to be more out there, I consider my space pretty big. If you have a BIG space, lets see it.

Last edited:
At 16x20x8 mine is medium...so I'll have to wait for the "medium listening space" thread to come along.

Nice room, I remember being stationed in Killeen back in 69, was a dry town back then. Left Killeen for Nam and ws glad to get out of there! :) Al

Thanks, AlTinkster......wow---- a town of 140,000 now and you wouldn't believe how built up it is. No need to even go to Austin any more ! 1st time here was 99-02 as a CW2/CW3 then closed out 20 year career in Hawaii and Iraq. Now 9 years in almost doing the contact management thing.

Not the largest of rooms, but pretty big compared to a lot of houses.

IMG_3167.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

Ah, big listening spaces, something worthy of showing off. My favorite big space is outdoors. I've shared these pictures here on AK before, but why not again?

First, the Dream Dominion:
attachment.php

Speakers are about 50 feet apart, and I sit about 50 feet back.

Here's a satellite picture of this setup:
attachment.php

A different location for the same system:
attachment.php

And other smaller systems outdoors:
Orange&Blue2.jpg

Boombox2.jpg

I do actually have a stereo indoors as well (for rainy day and winter listening). The room is 20'x30', not sure if this qualifies as a big listening space:
attachment.php

Great spaces posted here i would love to have rooms this size. But i would just fill it with more stuff.

Here's my [maybe not so big] room....
26'- 4" x 15'- 4".
IMG_7248.jpg

True listening area is normally 13' - 9" x 15' - 4".

Better view when clicked and use the magnifying glass in the upper right of the pic.

Last edited:
the cave

My place to get away and have a cold one.:music::music::music:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 432
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 372
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 369
nothing fancy but its homey!rockin some blues goes well with a game of pool in the evening!

Attachments

• DSCF1390.jpg
    DSCF1390.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCF1389.jpg
    DSCF1389.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 306
Thanks, AlTinkster......wow---- a town of 140,000 now and you wouldn't believe how built up it is. No need to even go to Austin any more ! 1st time here was 99-02 as a CW2/CW3 then closed out 20 year career in Hawaii and Iraq. Now 9 years in almost doing the contact management thing.

Lol, me and a buddy of mine would get leave on the weekends from Ft Hood and drive south, all the way down to Neuvo Laredo Mexico. Wouldnt do that now for anything. :D

Ah, big listening spaces, something worthy of showing off. My favorite big space is outdoors. I've shared these pictures here on AK before, but why not again?

First, the Dream Dominion:
attachment.php

Speakers are about 50 feet apart, and I sit about 50 feet back.

Here's a satellite picture of this setup:
attachment.php

A different location for the same system:
attachment.php

And other smaller systems outdoors:
Orange&Blue2.jpg

Boombox2.jpg

I do actually have a stereo indoors as well (for rainy day and winter listening). The room is 20'x30', not sure if this qualifies as a big listening space:
attachment.php

Are your room treatments oaks, elms etc? And your indoor space is so cool with tons of gear, Betty Boop and a sound orb.

Really, really cool set ups House De Kris! :thmbsp:

Ya gotta be the only guy with a satellite image of his stereo.

Back
Top Bottom