Show Off Your Small Listening Space

I posted in another forum, but have told myself since I joined here, that once my space was decently close, I'd post in this particular "small space" thread, soooo here you go. Room is about 12x14. Gear is in my signature.

View attachment 900003 View attachment 899995 View attachment 899997 View attachment 899998 View attachment 899996 View attachment 899999 View attachment 900000

View attachment 900001
Very nice. I could listen to Jimi there. Love the wall color.

Gosh my main other space is not really very big, it is our living room, more formal area,
with attached open dining, so the music has always been a natural, well, not for years untilfisher lvr close.jpg fisher lvr easter stuff.jpg fisher lvr open.jpg fisher lvr model r3.jpg fisher lvr1.jpg
recently, kids and life sent the sound system to the basement, (see above)..But here is my
latest addition. Hard to work in Limed Oak, (yellow) woodwork..but the cool factor and
most important, it sounds great, recapped,4 matched flying j 6v6's and Shure sc35c and an RPX
in alt headshell for monos, new idlers and nice supple flocked table is ok..changer is kinda cool..(78s)

I posted in another forum, but have told myself since I joined here, that once my space was decently close, I'd post in this particular "small space" thread, soooo here you go. Room is about 12x14. Gear is in my signature.

View attachment 900003 View attachment 899995 View attachment 899997 View attachment 899998 View attachment 899996 View attachment 899999 View attachment 900000

View attachment 900001
Nice, relaxing shade of paint on the walls, prominent artwork featuring an electric guitar god, RtiA7's with the perfect footprint, and Lionel was still a member of the group? Lovely, just lovely.

Very nice. I could listen to Jimi there. Love the wall color.

Nice, relaxing shade of paint on the walls, prominent artwork featuring an electric guitar god, RtiA7's with the perfect footprint, and Lionel was still a member of the group? Lovely, just lovely.

Thank you both! I obsessed over the wall color forever before deciding. I am trying to build an homage to what I envision my late 70's bachelor pad might have been like had I not been only 13 years old at the time :music:

Well I got around to straightening up my "man cave attic" so I thought I would post a few pics...its not much but the setup with the near field listening sounds great! I've tried to keep a retro vintage vibe...its quite comfy!

View attachment 892016 View attachment 892017 View attachment 892018 View attachment 892019 View attachment 892020 View attachment 892021

I like the system, well chosen. Love the space as well, the lava lamp really sets it off, but you need a Warriors movie poster.

Very interesting thread. We are in the process of downsizing from a 5 bedroom house to a three bedroom house (retirement pending). I have a handicapped brother who lives with us who gets one bedroom and wife insists the other one be set up for grandchildren. That relegates me to a study that is about 10' X 11'. I'm used to moderately big stuff - Marantz 2325 with Klipsch Fortes and JBL L100's. At this point, I can't make myself consider more modern/smaller speakers. I love the ones I have too much. We have purchased the house and have a couple of months of upgrading to do before moving in, so it remains to be seen how I can make that equipment work in that small room. I will be using this thread to get some ideas. Any advice? :D

I'm stuck in a small 9' x 13' apartment room. The last speakers I drug home forced me to cut 5" off of the desk to get them to fit width wise. :rflmao:

It's more like near-field listening and far from ideal, but music is music. First world problems right?!

Attachments

• IMAG1361.jpg
    IMAG1361.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 116
I have Ohm C2's 10" three way, in a 11 x 12 room. Sit 5' away. Amp in closet on mesh shelf. It can work.

I have Ohm C2's 10" three way, in a 11 x 12 room. Sit 5' away. Amp in closet on mesh shelf. It can work.
I'm counting on it. When I was 16, I had a pair of pretty nice bookshelf speakers and a pair of Koss headphones. I found that lying on the floor with a speaker aimed at each ear about one foot away from my head was even better than the headphones. I may be coming full circle. :rflmao:

I'm counting on it. When I was 16, I had a pair of pretty nice bookshelf speakers and a pair of Koss headphones. I found that lying on the floor with a speaker aimed at each ear about one foot away from my head was even better than the headphones. I may be coming full circle. :rflmao:

I think a small room, close to speakers, can be better than many large rooms. You can hear more of the speaker and less of room acoustics influence. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom