Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Hi Tony, what VFT do you use on the MK II. Also does it like tail up or tail down. Thanks.
I tested the type II at 1g VTF. It's not my everyday cartridge. These 3 just happen to be on the last 3 turntables I picked up. Of all the cartridges out there I get 3 good original Shures. I can't imagine the odds of that and the sellers never mentioned what cartridges were on the tables so I never paid a premium for them.

I tested the type II at 1g VTF. It's not my everyday cartridge. These 3 just happen to be on the last 3 turntables I picked up. Of all the cartridges out there I get 3 good original Shures. I can't imagine the odds of that and the sellers never mentioned what cartridges were on the tables so I never paid a premium for them.

Thanks Tony. I have one that I just fitted on an Empire 208 and wasn't sure. I have it at 1.5gr now so will dial it down.

I recently did an arm swap on my Ariston RD-11s from the original SME 3009 Series 2 Improved -
DSC_7453 by fiddlefye, on Flickr
To this - a Nottingham Interspace
DSC_7638 by fiddlefye, on Flickr
By the best of luck the Interspace came with a one-off SME mounting plate that was exactly the same diameter as the Ariston arm board. Both arms running the same Grado Reference 1 Sonata. It already sounds wonderful and I've barely scratched the surface with the set up.

1984 Joseph Grado Signature 8MR cartridge on a c.1961 Grado Laboratory Series wooden tonearm mounted on a 1961 Thorens TD-124.

These arms are terrific.

VPr0rQZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom