Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

DSN_0014 copy.jpg Back in the 60's and seventies the cost of film processing and printing of all the different combinations would have cost me much more than some of the big Ortofons and SME tone arms I bought. But finally by the late 70's I gave up on LP.s I have a list some where I saw the other day. over 60 cartridges and 10 tone arms and 10 turntables. Being in the business I must have auditioned 3 to 4 times that many. Just keeping my V-15V MR and my 981 hzl until i broke my last stylus 30+years later. Then a friend sent me a Dynavector as a surprise, and I'm back to listening & collecting LP's. I'm thinking about up grading my TD125 with Rabco tone arm. But 10,000 plus dollars is a lot to spend on a compromised format. I can buy a lot of Blu-ray and stream a lot of music for that amount. Or I could go down to my favorite record store and buy over 2000 lps. He gives you the 5th lp free if you buy 4 of equal value when he is in the mood. There is a nice used SME 20 series TT with MK V tone arm for sale. If its still there this fall I may take a trip to see color and pick-up a TT.

Last edited:
Nagaoka MP200 / Audiomods Series Five / Thorens TD160

27883734327_24fb12b7d8_b.jpg

which body do you prefer it in, and why? ...
I only have an SPS-6 body, which doesn't really like the NPS-5 (you can jam it in, but it's not a comfortable fit), so I can't really compare. The SPS bodies obviously offer better support for the big wings of the NPS styli. Mostly it gives this spare xE body, which measures about 200mH lower than most of my M95/M97-based bodies, something to do.

Back
Top Bottom