Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

An old one, from April 10, 2005... Table was Kenwood KD-1600

Same cart, same stylus even 13yrs later. Just before it fell apart :( Table is Audio Technica LP120

With AT 95E mounted on AT HS10 headshell, stored behind the counterweight

An old one, from April 10, 2005...
The M94E inspires me to show yet another of my wicked Shure mismatches, the N110HE p-mount stylus [still available as of this writing from thevoiceofmusic.com] on a Realistic-Shure V15 RS body. The nearly 2:1 inductance mismatch adds some sparkle to the tippy-top end:
Shure N110HE in V15-RS body.jpg

Last edited:
The M94E inspires me to show yet another wicked Shure mismatch, the N110HE [still available as of this writing from thevoiceofmusic.com] on a Realistic-Shure V15-RS body. The nearly 2:1 inductance mismatch adds some sparkle to the tippy-top end:
View attachment 1228044
Yikes, 95$ for a replacement, non-genuine stylus? That's out of my price range, I'm afraid... But then again, I already paid that much two "N92" ones, for 48$ each. I would rather not go off-topic, but if you're interested in more info regarding N 104E scam on StylusPlus UK webstore, check out THIS thread.

"Non-genuine"? Better look again.
*shrug* Well, it clearly said "OEM", meaning there's a 3rd party involved ... and the stylus pictured on their website is clearly aftermarket one, without the Shure's logo stamped across the plastic housing, stylus grip.

The stylus in the photo I posted came from thevoiceofmusic about a week ago.
But >shrug< you can believe whatever you want.

The stylus in the photo I posted came from thevoiceofmusic about a week ago.
But >shrug< you can believe whatever you want.
Look, I didn't want to start the fight, just telling you what I saw on their website. But if you say it's genuine, I believe you :) OEM or otherwise, it's still outside my price range, I would never pay more than 45$ for a stylus, replacement one or otherwise. I was on a lookout for cheap 0.2 x 0.7 elliptical stylus that would fit M94 body & ended up reading on N 104E.. No one specifically mentioned the price, but they said it was "cheap", so I figured it was THE way to go. A lot of bang for the buck...

However, it seems that generic N 104E doesn't exist, neither of Shure styli from around this era do. Meaning you can either pick N 92E, or go with exotic S.A.S from Jico. I suppose there are some exceptions to this rule for now, including HE model to which you pointed out but considering Shure's decision to close down styli production & competitive prices from other brands I'd say things are not looking good for Shure owners :(

Back
Top Bottom