Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Finally got around to give my 3600L its dedicated headshell, nothing too exotic to see here :)

So with 3600 being moved over, I could re-mount my (recently glued) Shure M94 ... so far, so good!

Also took the liberty of checking the alignment on (in)famous AT-95E (newer, 0.3x0.7mil gen) From all the carts that I use, this one has seen the least amount of wear. Still debating on whenever I should upgrade with ATN 95EX or not, but seeing I don't like 95E to begin with, it wouldn't make much sense, I guess.

And I'll finish off with this wonderful M75 ED/T2, easily the best cart I have without too much thinking. Been trying to source M91 GD (or ED & then swap the stylus for GD) for over a year, but alas no luck (ebay is out of the question due to overblown shipping costs)

Finally got around to give my 3600L its dedicated headshell, nothing too exotic to see here :)

So with 3600 being moved over, I could re-mount my (recently glued) Shure M94 ... so far, so good!

Also took the liberty of checking the alignment on (in)famous AT-95E (newer, 0.3x0.7mil gen) From all the carts that I use, this one has seen the least amount of wear. Still debating on whenever I should upgrade with ATN 95EX or not, but seeing I don't like 95E to begin with, it wouldn't make much sense, I guess.

And I'll finish off with this wonderful M75 ED/T2, easily the best cart I have without too much thinking. Been trying to source M91 GD (or ED & then swap the stylus for GD) for over a year, but alas no luck (ebay is out of the question due to overblown shipping costs)
I am awaiting delivery of a 3600L with a LP Gear elliptical stylus. After reading the thread on them I had to give one a try.

I am awaiting delivery of a 3600L with a LP Gear elliptical stylus. After reading the thread on them I had to give one a try.
Fantastic cartridge in my personal opinion, even with its stock, conical stylus (with carbon cantilever)!

Miles ahead of AT 95E, sounds warmer & kinda like the Shure(s). Not to mention the audible channel separation, the official data claim it's 20dB, but from what I heard it's closer to 25 or more! @vwestlife even confirmed this once & for all.

Fantastic cartridge in my personal opinion, even with its stock, conical stylus (with carbon cantilever)!

Miles ahead of AT 95E, sounds warmer & kinda like the Shure(s). Not to mention the audible channel separation, the official data claim it's 20dB, but from what I heard it's closer to 25 or more! @vwestlife even confirmed this once & for all.
I'm not a fan of bright sounding cartridges, so the AT95 was out for sure. The 3600 should be here tomorrow. I'm curious to see how it does compared to my Nagaoka MP-110.

Me either, one of the reasons I love Shure so much is its "analog" & warm sound. AT 95 on the other hand sounds closer to a digital source, which beats the purpose of playing vinyl in the first place.

Please let us know how it works out, I considered getting Nagaoka myself, but in the end decided to invest my cash in proven & more "familiar" area instead (M75 with Jico elliptical stylus) :)

Me either, one of the reasons I love Shure so much is its "analog" & warm sound. AT 95 on the other hand sounds closer to a digital source, which beats the purpose of playing vinyl in the first place.

Please let us know how it works out, I considered getting Nagaoka myself, but in the end decided to invest my cash in proven & more "familiar" area instead (M75 with Jico elliptical stylus) :)
Will do. It just now arrived in the mail.
20190125_111152.jpg

I just finished setting up the 3600L. It does sound really nice. It's a little warmer than the MP-110. But still detailed. The midrange sounds a little fuller with nice depth. I expected the bass to be a bit flabby, but not the case at all. Overall it sounds smoother than the MP110. Maybe a bit too smooth. I'll have to give it some time I guess. Deffenetly worth the few bucks this cartridge costs. I can see why people like it. The MP110 has a more fluid sound compared to the 3600L to me so far. I will have to get another head shell though. The one I used is what came with the table. The sloped top makes it hard to lock the cartridge in place. Due mostly I think to the fact that the nuts won't fit on the bottom of the cartridge. I had to mount the screws from the bottom. Any suggestions for a better head shell with wider slots?
20190125_120657.jpg 20190125_120647.jpg

I just finished setting up the 3600L. It does sound really nice. It's a little warmer than the MP-110. But still detailed. The midrange sounds a little fuller with nice depth. I expected the bass to be a bit flabby, but not the case at all. Overall it sounds smoother than the MP110. Maybe a bit too smooth. I'll have to give it some time I guess. Deffenetly worth the few bucks this cartridge costs. I can see why people like it. The MP110 has a more fluid sound compared to the 3600L to me so far. I will have to get another head shell though. The one I used is what came with the table. The sloped top makes it hard to lock the cartridge in place. Due mostly I think to the fact that the nuts won't fit on the bottom of the cartridge. I had to mount the screws from the bottom. Any suggestions for a better head shell with wider slots?
View attachment 1397996 View attachment 1397997
I had the same issue with mounting both M75 & AT3600. M75 requires full-length mounting screws, so I was going to put them upside-down, but soon ran into the same issue as you.

On the other hand, my 3600 came with hex screws which would fit perfectly next to the cartridge body, and the idea was to place the nuts into the headshell, to have the slots locking, holding them in place.

View attachment 1397996 View attachment 1397997
The (Zupreme) headshell’s have always worked good for me .

Audiofreak71

I had the same issue with mounting both M75 & AT3600. M75 requires full-length mounting screws, so I was going to put them upside-down, but soon ran into the same issue as you.

On the other hand, my 3600 came with hex screws which would fit perfectly next to the cartridge body, and the idea was to place the nuts into the headshell, to have the slots locking, holding them in place.
Ya, it came with long screws. The nuts are too wide to fit on the cartridge side. They hit the plastic housing right before tightening up.
Wider slots would work. I'll just have to buy a headshell screw assortment. Shorter screws would be better.

I had to turn up the treble on the LP gear Carbon to match it up to other carts treble response, something i got used to doing. the mids and lows are real nice, tight controlled lows.
My main system is tube. My preamp doesn't have tone controls. It is a bit warmer sounding than what I was using. But the 3600 did a great job of taming the harsh high end on some Hendrix albums I played today. That harsh crash of the symbols was smoothed out nicely.

Back
Top Bottom