Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Made a sandwich with the sausage on a bilillo roll with some shaved red onion, mayo and whole seed mustard. Washed it down with an ice cold Modelo. I think I’ll have another.
The turkey was pulled at 160*, double wrapped in foil, swaddled in a big towel and placed breast down in a cooler where it’s been resting for 3 hours. To the fridge shortly.

Last edited:
Tom Kha Gai

My wife is fighting some kind of bug, so a nice chicken soup would be in order. However, I don't do anything the way others do it, so here is what I cam e up with...

First, leftover medium grain rice, fried in butter.

Next, Thai Tom Kha Gai: chunks of chicken thigh meat, coconut milk, chicken broth, kha (galangal, similar to ginger but a totally different flavor), lemongrass, wedges of onion, wedges of fresh Eclipse tomatoes, crushed kaffir lime leaves, quartered Crimini mushrooms, Thai dragon chiles, sea salt, lime juice, cilantro leaves and tender stems, chunks of green bell pepper, and Vietnamese fish sauce (Red Boat brand).

This was washed down with some fresh-squeezed pink grapefruit juice and vodka.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

I went traditional with an oven roasted 18lb turkey, stuffed with aromatics, butter & various spices rubbed on the outside.
11-22-18-Turkey.jpg

Juicy, tender, and very tasty.

Let the leftover marathon begin!:banana:

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

I went traditional with an oven roasted 18lb turkey, stuffed with aromatics, butter & various spices rubbed on the outside.
11-22-18-Turkey.jpg

Juicy, tender, and very tasty.

Let the leftover marathon begin!:banana:
Is that a Calphalon roaster. It looks just like mine.

Mexican Night

My best friend generally judges a Mexican restaurant by one entree. I judge by the salsa for the chips, and he judges by their Chile Colorado (a red pepper sauce). I decided to treat him to his favorite, with a spin or two from my own creative tendency.

First, corn tortilla chips & Mateo brand red salsa, to which I added garlic powder, onion powder, powdered chile de arbol, and sliced scallion.

Next, a small bowl of Frijoles Rancheros: black beans, water, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper and cubes of beef bacon (Brother and Sister brand), and served with thin slices of fresh jalapeno pepper.

Next, a condiment salad of shredded iceberg lettuce and slices of Eclipse tomato.

Next, a Mexican fried rice: leftover rice, butter, Hatch red chile powder, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) and chopped cilantro.

Next, a broiled Tri-Tip Steak, dressed with sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper.

Finally, the steak was served upon pureed Chile Colorado sauce: dried New Mexico red chiles, dried guajillo chiles, dried chipotle chile, dried pasilla chile, chopped white onion, minced garlic, fresh-ground cumin, dried Mexican oregano, masa (corn tortilla flour), sea salt, sherry vinegar, and sugar.

This was washed down with frozen glasses, filled with ice-cold Negro Modelo.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Mexican Night

My best friend generally judges a Mexican restaurant by one entree. I judge by the salsa for the chips, and he judges by their Chile Colorado (a red pepper sauce). I decided to treat him to his favorite, with a spin or two from my own creative tendency.

First, corn tortilla chips & Mateo brand red salsa, to which I added garlic powder, onion powder, powdered chile de arbol, and sliced scallion.

Next, a small bowl of Frijoles Rancheros: black beans, water, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper and cubes of beef bacon (Brother and Sister brand), and served with thin slices of fresh jalapeno pepper.

Next, a condiment salad of shredded iceberg lettuce and slices of Eclipse tomato.

Next, a Mexican fried rice: leftover rice, butter, Hatch red chile powder, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) and chopped cilantro.

Next, a broiled Tri-Tip Steak, dressed with sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper.

Finally, the steak was served upon pureed Chile Colorado sauce: dried New Mexico red chiles, dried guajillo chiles, dried chipotle chile, dried pasilla chile, chopped white onion, minced garlic, fresh-ground cumin, dried Mexican oregano, masa (corn tortilla flour), sea salt, sherry vinegar, and sugar.

This was washed down with frozen glasses, filled with ice-cold Negro Modelo.

View attachment 1341444

View attachment 1341443

Enjoy,
Rich P
You're killing me! Just laid down to go to sleep. Click on this thread and now I'm hungry! 1041473-539f6a98b04d5fd9ea61469d5106cf5f.gif

Mexican Night Part Deux

Since I had a nice amount of Chile Colorado (see up thread), I wanted to see what else could come of it. I am reminded of the recipe I developed in the barracks when I was in Germany (77-'79). Folks would smell the cooking that I was not supposed to be doing in my room, and show up at my door with bowls in their hands. I had a full-up miniature kitchen in one of my lockers ( I was a buck Sgt, so I got two). Here it is and it is still good.

First layer: a crispy-fried corn tortilla with a layer of hamburger, Hatch chile powder, fresh-ground tomato paste, sea salt, chopped onions, cumin seeds, and tomato paste.

Next layer, another crispy-fried corn tortilla with a layer of refried black beans, with butter, fresh-ground black pepper, and sea salt.

The stack was smothered in the fresh Chile Colorado sauce and shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. This was baked until the cheese melted nicely. Then, the whole stack was topped with an over easy egg (from the girls out back), and garnished with shredded iceberg lettuce.

This was washed down with an ice-cold Negro Modelo.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back
Top Bottom