Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Indian Night

I don't know how to explain it, but this morning, when I woke up, I had a tremendous hankering for these lamb balls that they have at at local Punjabi restaurant. Theirs is likely in a makhani (butter) spice sauce. It took almost as long to find the right recipes as to make this.

First, a nice buttered paratha (a flaky, pan-fried bread).

Next, Jeera Pulao (Cumin Rice): basmati rice, butter, vegetable oil, cumin seeds, bay leaf, star anise, cloves, Vietnamese cinnamon stick, and sea salt.

Next, Matar Paneer Masala: paneer (a fresh cheese like cottage cheese), matar (green peas), cumin seeds, chopped yellow onion, minced ginger, minced garlic, chopped Eclipse tomatoes, Indian chili powder, fresh-ground coriander seeds, turmeric, garam masala (special spice combination), Greek yogurt, crushed kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves), and sea salt.

Finally, Lamb Kofta (lamb balls in spiced sauce): ground lamb, cumin seeds, Indian chili powder, garam masala, chopped onion, cloves, grated ginger, minced garlic, sea salt, turmeric, kasuri methi, chopped jalapeno chile, chopped Eclipse tomatoes, and chopped coriander leaves.

For desert, gulab jamun (fried dough balls of mostly milk solids, and a sweet syrup) and a small glass of plain lassi (a thick salted and sweetened yogurt drink).

All of this was washed down with ice-cold Dog Fish Head India Dark IPA.

Dinner.jpeg

Bread.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Zoom.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Indian Night Part Deux

I stumbled upon a dish that is very famous, Chicken 65. Everyone says it is a strange name, and disagrees over where the name came from. The explanation I found, that I find most acceptable, is that this dish was invented in a hotel restaurant in Hyderabad India. It was number 65 on the menu, hence "Chicken 65." I did a long period of research, and discovered that there are as many different recipes and methods to produce this dish as there are cooks. There is minimal overlap between recipes and methods, so I picked the one that tastes the best in my mind, and it turned out very tasty. Instead of cubes of chicken meat, I opted to using wings as my own tweak.

First, leftover Lamb Kofti (see up-thread for ingredients).

Next, leftover Matar Paneer Masala (see up-thread for ingredients).

Next, Indian Potatoes with Yellow and Black Mustard: Yukon Gold potatoes, black mustard seeds, yellow mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, sea salt, fresh-ground pepper, fresh-ground coriander seeds, ground cumin, Kashmiri chili powder, and chopped fresh cilantro.

Finally, Chicken 65: chicken wings, Greek yogurt, ginger/garlic paste, garam masala powder, fresh-ground coriander, turmeric, Kashmiri chili powder, corn starch, beaten egg, and sea salt. This was garnished with fried jalapeno strips & curry leaves.

For desert, Gulab Jamun (see up-thread for description).

This was washed down with vodka and pink grapefruit juice.

Dinner.jpeg

Lamb.jpeg

Cheese.jpeg

Potatoes.jpeg

Meat.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
I think you could say we like broccoli lol. A few recent meals.

Teriyaki boneless skinless chicken breast with scalloped potatoes.
20181103_181042.jpg

My ladies mind blowing meatloaf with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes. It's not too often I'm not grilling, but for my ladies meatloaf I'll turn off the grill.
20181202_182338.jpg

And tonight's boneless country style ribs with yellow rice.
20181206_180717.jpg

Had this tonight, posted it in my home thread, but posting here too. Per @IPADave suggestion, next I'm time going with Asparagus. Also going with rice next time.
Filet Mignon 16oz. Friday w/Broccoli and Garlic Mashed Potatoes:)
index.php

^^Once again on my finest dinnerware :)^^

Italian Night

I watched some "Italian Grandma Cooks" videos on YouTube, and developed a hankering on something that I don't usually crave: Italian food. I know, I tend to incline toward Indian and Asian food, but I do like continental food also, on occasion. Here is what turned out to be a very nice, enjoyable meal...

First, I wanted a nice soup, but did not want to invest the time for a good minestrone. I had some nice home-made Hungarian Gulyash in the freezer, so I opted for that. Check up-thread for the description and ingredients.

Next, a tasty Shaved Fennel Salad: spiced croutons, chopped walnuts, extra-virgin olive oil, seal salt, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, Italian red pepper flakes, shaved fennel bulbs, torn mint leaves, lemon zest and juice, and shaved Parmesan cheese.

Next, garlic toast: garlic from the olive oil infusing process, butter, olive oil, & French demi-baguettes.

Next some Italian Mushrooms: sliced Chanterelle mushrooms, Italian herb mix (from Penzey's Spices), sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, fried in garlic-infused kalamata olive oil.

Next, Joe's Special (distilled from a local iconic restaurant): #7 linguini, Italian hot pepper flakes, garlic-infused Kalamata olive oil, fresh mozzarella cheese, spicy marinara sauce (Dell'Amore brand), and strips of fresh basil...all baked to perfection

Finally, Chicken Parmesan: chicken thigh meat (boned & pressed), panko crumbs, Italian herb mix (from Penzey's Spices), grated Grana Padana Parmesan cheese, fresh-ground black pepper, sea salt, all-purpose flour, olive oil, spicy marinara sauce (Dell'Amore brand), fresh mozzarella cheese, strips of fresh basil, and olive oil...all baked to perfection.

This was all washed down with a nice Stella Rosso wine (slightly sweet, lightly effevescent, and Italian) from the Stella Rosa winery.

At the end, a delicate black raspberry sorbet and fresh mint.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Dessert.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom