Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

My wife has a breakfast club and we usual have 8 to 10 people over once a month. I do all the cooking. Lots of fun and the guest enjoy it.

If you feel like cheating a bit, I'm a fan of Bear Creek Darn Good Chili. Unusual combination of flavors ... I use it a lot as a starter mix.

Same with their Navy Bean soup ... excellent as is!

We had a party Saturday and I cooked a whole shoulder for carnitas. So tonight it was a little egg-venture with left overs. 1 Yukon gold potato, 2 eggs and hand full of carnitas and behold tacos! So good washed down with a Monday Night Drafty Kilt and NRPS.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0627.JPG

Grilled sausage and some butter beans I made a couple days ago. With a little honey mustard for dipping. This is some hot semi dried sausage from the Piggly Wiggly. I love that place for pork. They have a wide variety of NC made ground and rope sausages.

Frittata

I can't take all the credit for it, though, as I had a lot of help from my niece today. It's great having her in the kitchen now, where she's big enough that you can actually put her to work - washing, and slicing veg (without me having to worry about her cutting herself), cracking eggs etc.
Plus, she's entertaining as well as useful. Here she is making a tomato-rollercoaster out of a stalk of cellery:

Moments before it was a cellery-phone :D

Last edited:
Frittata

I can't take all the credit for it, though, as I had a lot of help from my niece today. It's great having her in the kitchen now, where she's big enough that you can actually put her to work - washing, and slicing veg (without me having to worry about her cutting herself), cracking eggs etc.
Plus, she's entertaining as well as useful. Here she is making a tomato-rollercoaster out of a stalk of cellery Moments before it was a cellery-phone :D
That looks great.

Moments your niece will remember for sure.

I have to admit it. Every couple months or so I go through this entire thread. Kinda reminds me of AK's version of Dinners, drive ins and dives.

POST #1000 !!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Been saving this one for now ... bon appetit!

A little something special for all you fine cooks out there in AK Land. I call this one "Chicken Delight" ...

chicken-delight.jpg

Back
Top Bottom