Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Just fried 25 baby flounder. Fixed me a plate and the other , my GF is stopping on the way to work to get hers. My grease is getting to the end of it's life, so now I'll cook fish and my last batch will be chicken livers.

These are excellent table fare.

I miss being on the coast so much. Drop the crab trap in a canal and spend the morning on the water. On a good day we would have reds, specs, and flounder in the cooler. Usually we could catch up to a shrimper for some table shrimp.
In the evening we would fry the fish and boil the crabs/shrimp right there on the bank of the canal. It is so much different when everything is that fresh.

Attachments

• IMG_20170928_113211991_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170928_113211991_HDR.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 14
IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0857.JPG
Cooked a few fillet mignons today. I had a beef tender loin that has been wet aging in my fridge for 5 and a half weeks. So today I slice it into 11 steaks. Got 2 small, 1 medium, 4 large and 4 giant steaks. I just cooked the 2 small and 1 medium on the grill, at a 600° surface temp to a medium rare. That's the medium on my plate with the loaded potato. I have the 8 big ones left to package for the freezer tomorrow. That's about a pound and a quarter of scrap that I will put with another bag of scrap from my last tender loin. I will make a beef stew later this week. Oh yeah. I have the steaks covered in my home made, What's this here sauce, and a lite sprinkling of steak seasoning. They will marinate till ready for the grill.

View attachment 1117522 View attachment 1117524
Cooked a few fillet mignons today. I had a beef tender loin that has been wet aging in my fridge for 5 and a half weeks. So today I slice it into 11 steaks. Got 2 small, 1 medium, 4 large and 4 giant steaks. I just cooked the 2 small and 1 medium on the grill, at a 600° surface temp to a medium rare. That's the medium on my plate with the loaded potato. I have the 8 big ones left to package for the freezer tomorrow. That's about a pound and a quarter of scrap that I will put with another bag of scrap from my last tender loin. I will make a beef stew later this week. Oh yeah. I have the steaks covered in my home made, What's this here sauce, and a lite sprinkling of steak seasoning. They will marinate till ready for the grill.

That's a nice char on the steak. :beerchug:

-Dave

MIddle-Eastern Fusion for Lunch

Today, I asked my beloved bride (and sous chef) what kind of sandwich she would like. I suggested Greek gyro sandwiches, and she said she liked Lebanese kibbeh better. So, I thought about how to convert kibbeh into something to put into a sandwich. I decided to try to make kibbeh burgers. I made patties of a meld of the traditional kibbeh outside and the filling. They turned out great.

First, we had some nice steak fries.

And then, the kibbeh burgers: kibbeh patties (ground beef, Bulgar wheat, chopped onion, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, fresh-ground black-pepper, salt, and pine nuts), with iceberg lettuce, sliced Roma tomatoes, thin-sliced red onions, and dressing (hers: tzatziki sauce, his: Greek yogurt), on fresh-baked Iraqi samoon bread (from the Middle-Eastern shop down the street).

View attachment 1116046

View attachment 1116047

Enjoy,
Rich P

I've made kofte burgers the same way. Delish.

Last edited:
These are excellent table fare.

I miss being on the coast so much. Drop the crab trap in a canal and spend the morning on the water. On a good day we would have reds, specs, and flounder in the cooler. Usually we could catch up to a shrimper for some table shrimp.
In the evening we would fry the fish and boil the crabs/shrimp right there on the bank of the canal. It is so much different when everything is that fresh.

Completely different flavors! :thumbsup:

^^^ That sounds really good. I think I'll try that one on for size myself.

I appear to see some preserved lemon in there. No?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Nice. Try Moroccan preserved lemon or Persian black lime. You might like what they do.

I'm sure it is very good as is.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Made a Thai red curry tonight. On a restricted diet so no rice or carrots in mine which was more of a soup than a curry but still tasty.

redNoRiceCurry.jpeg

Completely Off the Cuff

Tonight, I just did not want to use a recipe. So, I decided to wing the whole show, and see what turned out to be what.

First, some nice chana (garbanzo beans): chana, butter, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, minced garlic, minced ginger, tomato sauce, garam masala (a special Indian spice combination), and chopped cilantro.

Next, a nice fried rice: leftover rice, butter, kalamata olive oil, toasted sesame oil, black sesame seeds, sea salt, fresh-ground black pepper, Korean gochugaru (red pepper flakes), diced onion, and cumin seeds.

Next, a couple of nice pollock fillets, sauteed in butter and sea salt, and served with a Persian black lime butter sauce: Persian black lime, verjuice (sour grape juice), fresh-squeezed lime juice, fresh thyme, butter, and minced garlic chives.

Dinner.jpeg

Close.jpeg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
That's a nice char on the steak. :beerchug:

-Dave
It just dawned on me. The next time I post a steak, I'm gonna slice a piece off so you can see what it looks like on the inside. The steak was around an inch and 3/4. I love a hot cooked steak with a char on the outside. Grey about 1/4 inch thick all the way around and the center a rare red. I eat mine med rare leaning towards rare. As I've said before, my GF eats hers well done. It kills me to cook one like that. She can't even watch me eat mine. We will go out to eat steak sometimes and I'll be going look, look. She will just grumble some eye rolling words at me, looking the other way. Even though we will order the same steak, mine will be a half an inch thicker than hers. When I try to explain why she don't wanna hear it. She will almost gag when she see's me sopping up the juice with a roll. Bless her heart. She doesn't have any problem with BBQ and ribs though.

It just dawned on me. The next time I post a steak, I'm gonna slice a piece off so you can see what it looks like on the inside. The steak was around an inch and 3/4. I love a hot cooked steak with a char on the outside. Grey about 1/4 inch thick all the way around and the center a rare red. I eat mine med rare leaning towards rare. As I've said before, my GF eats hers well done. It kills me to cook one like that. She can't even watch me eat mine. We will go out to eat steak sometimes and I'll be going look, look. She will just grumble some eye rolling words at me, looking the other way. Even though we will order the same steak, mine will be a half an inch thicker than hers. When I try to explain why she don't wanna hear it. She will almost gag when she see's me sopping up the juice with a roll. Bless her heart. She doesn't have any problem with BBQ and ribs though.

Luckily my GF and I both like our steaks medium rare. Makes it a lot easier on the cook. Looking forward to an "interior" shot of your next steak.

-Dave

Here's last night dinner...I boiled brown rice...drained it off, then added butter to it...transferred it over to a Corningware bowl...adding fresh broccoli and prepared crispy chicken to it...then covering it all with a ginger soy sauce and some teriyaki...baking it for half an hour @ 350F. Have plenty for three meals too!
Note: I'm diabetic, so I have to use brown rice...white rice makes my blood sugar go crazy.

index.php

Attachments

• 100_0180.JPG
    100_0180.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 92
My wife got out the crockpot Sunday and made up Festive Pulled Chicken. Contains chicken, tomatoes, black beans and corn with assorted seasonings and then cooked several hours. The boneless chicken breasts just fall apart and are easily shredded. Side dishes were brown rice and green beans. There's enough left for tomorrow, too.

002.JPG

Back
Top Bottom