Show us your MAXELL Poster!

Sorry I'm not sure I understand the fascination with this ad. I remember seeing it on TV as a kid and I see the posters in setup posts but why??
It has appeal because it relates to:

1. Playback at loud volumes
2. Stereo gear
3. High end gear
4. Vintage gear
5. Cassettes
6. Coolness
7. Nostalgia

For most of us (even those born later, like me), they appeal to us in a multitude of ways.

q8AYhNl.jpg

Love the poster and remember the original ads, but if I get one I'll have to also get a pair of JBL L100 Century speakers (and they have gotten REALLY expensive lately). Yes, I am that anal retentive about stuff like this (or as us old people call it, persnickety). The L36 Decades I have now just won't do. Need the quadrex foam grills for authenticity.

It has appeal because it relates to:

1. Playback at loud volumes
2. Stereo gear
3. High end gear
4. Vintage gear
5. Cassettes
6. Coolness
7. Nostalgia

For most of us (even those born later, like me), they appeal to us in a multitude of ways.

Don't forget about:

8. The martini....

probably similar posts, since this thread started in 2011 but..here's an affordable art option that comes pre-framed and all but free>>
desk.jpg

I can't show the Maxell poster but I can share this pic hanging on the wall of my former listening room turned home theater .
MVC-005F-1.jpg

I am actually packing up to put them in storage. here are mine, I got them in the late 80s by mailing a check to Maxell and waiting 4-6 weeks. The original poster is huge, too big to frame, so then took them to a frame store and had them crop out the upper and lower blank spaces, I am happy to say that I have finally achieved this level of stereo nirvana on both my home and car stereo,
xbw5shifNZcXZEcsWM2xAcP-K6WGg3rU4Z2UU8x_0b6V1tI7j5qMCZKX0wgn6_J7EgJy8CrBcnfTUGpljrpUn-GJPez6nXIttq_5My94XwmeiuAYiHPAhkSxXNKwJsrdb8BKQEUzi6xpz-BJ8ozN7_VivUPUJ60QaYNWHctGkKSqcqRxdLTn6Y0_qyjYwm0PejLW7p8UAF30DxBSADxYK1RjFJm7ad5teXD5hXkPmameObkDu0F-AHeLnJw_tNWauocqSA_X7ykx83m5LOFv6yZFnqhJmH06tWQD3SFEBwPr2I55i2lblRMkrHx4aqzlQHr75OqTarrUNOWSrHS2E9aZ7FP5aP0BlN__UuosjnpBz8Cy6FDezAz6NudginKNKQ8VKcd_nrrsw66KXk6s3NPYMlaLRxNZ97-NVUpRJBLCp731TMGEfCHx_W1LNCJTVyoN3kK2pqYGBPN5pF5nsR338kUmISzQSFACT_41uoFuy8OgO4hl67A2deqTeVdkl2k0ydor8HVFzFjBPPJGjOJX47ESo9Qn_fxNjICxn1hGz7DXNpnrA738YI2QKLGZ4S4i_ckfOO0JuW9FRRE3PJSjdZ0u930_8WrAbsCTRKhg2_ndAgwemF922-zVCxnI7-zPqaIhX7_OmlMAzUoF5LbKTKni_aHWe4Sog7F9MBWYeSUcaQJiWA=w1660-h1244-no

Back in the day I had tore the advertisement out of magazines and thumb tacked it to the wall.

Hey all, not usually over here, hang out more on the TT forum but.....WELCOME TO THE VINYL VAULT! As you can see, not only is "blown away" a regular here, but so is Mick, PF, Beatles, Dan Fogelberg (RIP), Ric (RIP) among others. BTW, the collection has since grown, taking over all the linen closets in the guest bath (good use of otherwise wasted space IMHO :rockon:, wife does not agree), my upstairs office, the mechanical room in the garage.....jeez, who needs a guest bedroom anyways, might have to migrate over there as well!

Welcome To The Vault (1).JPG

Last edited:
Wow, I’ve been wanting to get one of these but the prices have gone sky high. Any idea if the ones sold at ebay are decent alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom