Show us your Motorcycles

My 2014 Street Glide Special with the sidecar.

2008 Suzuki GS500F. Bought a few months ago with 4876 miles. Rebuilt/rejetted carbs, flushed tank, and replaced crappy petcock assembly. Runs and rides like a new bike.

Wow, tiretread, you've got quite the collection. I could not guess the first one, so I had to check. Now I can name it, but it's not fair since I "cheated". What an interesting design for the front hub / suspension / rotor assembly. I simply do not recall ever having seen this one.

A buddy of mine has the identical '82 Goldwing in the same color, and a second buddy has a '16 Vstrom.

Thanks Valveglow. I've wanted the 1st bike since I first saw them in college. I think I have only seen one on the road here in the US and less than a handful in Europe for the 5 years I lived there.

Thanks Valveglow. I've wanted the 1st bike since I first saw them in college. I think I have only seen one on the road here in the US and less than a handful in Europe for the 5 years I lived there.

I can't imagine why. Were they distributed to the US? It's a very attractive bike which does not look dissimilar from BMW Sport Tourers. It looks like it has comfortable ergonomics, an accessible seat height, and plenty of storage capacity. I'm also certain that the power is more than adequate for its intended purpose. It should have sold like hotcakes!

It had a 10 year run in Europe and 2 year run in the US (might be giving away some hints here). The engine was de-tuned from a racier bike for touring considerations. Also had factory ABS and FI. For a mass produced bike, one of the firsts. As well as the looks are timeless. Main issue was....$$$ cost quite a bit of coin. Even more so than the BMWs of the time. Also, the sport-touring niche was being filled rather admirably by the many, many, UJMs that could be had for thousands of dollars less. Plus, the fuel tank is rather small for a "touring" bike. Other minor reasons as well but those are some of the primary ones. I still love them and I always have an eye out for them. Prices can range anywhere from 2k to 10k for these bikes. None of mine cost more than 2.5k. The red one being in the best shape (I have another red and a green one).

^^^VERY nice ride, and where better to ride it (at least for several months) than in New Hampshire. However, it's getting ridden about 545 miles per year. Are you just really busy or do you have another ride??

tiretread....if the black one is the next project what's the story with the red/black one behind it????

and I'm in Lancaster just a ways up from you. We'll be down to visit the Swan Lake gardens later this spring.

tiretread....if the black one is the next project what's the story with the red/black one behind it????

and I'm in Lancaster just a ways up from you. We'll be down to visit the Swan Lake gardens later this spring.

I picked up the the 550 as a parts bike. That picture is about 7 years old when I had purchased both bikes. I sold the parts bike for double what I paid plus parts used and sold off it. Not a bad score at the time. I had to store the black one due to orders to Europe so I'm getting ready to start working on it once I finish up the current project in my garage.

^^^VERY nice ride, and where better to ride it (at least for several months) than in New Hampshire. However, it's getting ridden about 545 miles per year. Are you just really busy or do you have another ride??
Thank you. I have only had it 4-5 years and prior to that it sat by the original owner for twenty years or so in a garage. I personally don't find it comfortable longer than an hour or so. I just take it out once and a while and beat the hell out of it which is what it likes best. It's not a good bike for beginners as it has very quick steering and an explosive powerband from. 8k-11k. It handles like a dream and is not bothered by potholes and our horrible back roads at 100+mph. Fun stuff

It's in the "Defiance" thread in this section but thought I'd drop it in the "Show us..." thread too.

Brand new 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad ABS SE......replaced a 900 Vulcan Classic LT

My great regret.1980 kz1300,six into 1 headers.Owe why did i ever let it go?????This is as close as i can find for looking like mine with the exception that there would be no pipe on the left side.Mine had rear air shocks also.Front were also air.Effortless cruising at anyspeed.
KZ1300-466x335-56a15e4a5f9b58b7d0becbe7.png

Back
Top Bottom