Show us your Motorcycles

My first love, the Yamaha XS11. Couldn't afford it in '79, so started on a KZ400. Found one about 12 yrs ago ready for restoration:yikes:. before / after:

HPIM0040_zpsbcb03dbc.jpg

untitled-1_zps63d07dc6.jpg

Rode her for 10 yrs, sold her a couple of yrs ago to buy my 'last bike', a gold wing. Time to get comfortable after 42+ years in the saddle.

wingding_zps27bc2655.jpg

1973 BMW R75/5 short wheel base.
A pic from around 1995.
Hasn't changed a bit since then.
It's lived a pampered life, always garage kept.
I have owned it since 1983.
13k+miles on it.
I stopped riding for many years as jobs and kids came and went.

I recently rebuilt the tranny (bad input shaft bearing) and front forks, and bought some IKON shocks to replace the antique stockers.
I have a new seat cover and foam to replace the torn original.
After the seat work I am going to relace the wheels with my tax refund and put her back on the road.

BMW-R75-5.jpg

danomar whats the story of the first bike?

1978 Moto Morini 350cc Sport. I have owned it for 17 years, which shows how much I like it. I've owned more than twenty bikes since the mid-1980s, but the Morini remains. They are the most fun on two wheels I know of, and they are surprisingly reliable. Handling is perhaps the best thing about Morinis.

Nice trip thru Berthoud Pass. My fiancee enjoying the view down below.

Swapping seats and changing the bikes purpose is a lot of fun as well.

Last edited:

No backrest yet, but that is on my long list of wants ;)

Love that color on that bike!!

And thank you also! The color is Candy Orange and cannot be adequately photographed. When I try, it looks red-orange as you can see. It only looks like that on very cloudy days. In reality, it is a bit darker than an orange lifesaver candy and very heavily metalflaked. In other photos, it looks like it has spots of bright yellow where the sun hits it. (see attached).

As far as backrests go, this one is a Mustang. Though I have found many nice ones, the reason I picked this one is that it folds down to assist on getting on and off. The fixed ones can be an obstacle at times!

20130803_190616_zpsf5d9784c.jpg

Yeah that orange just screams awesome :) I also like that Madstad windshield. I have several windshields that I swap in and out depending on the ride. Not a hard process, but it can be a pain. How do you like it?

Yeah that orange just screams awesome :) I also like that Madstad windshield. I have several windshields that I swap in and out depending on the ride. Not a hard process, but it can be a pain. How do you like it?
Thanks! I thought that Harley had (finally) addressed the windshield issue with the venting system, but by your aftermarket screen, perhaps not. In most circumstances, there is no alternative for a Madstad.

Thanks! I thought that Harley had (finally) addressed the windshield issue with the venting system, but by your aftermarket screen, perhaps not. In most circumstances, there is no alternative for a Madstad.

The vents do help with buffeting as I test rode a 2009 RGC before riding this one. But the stock windshield on the Special is just for looks. Cannot hear the stereo above 40mph. I even replaced the speakers with some JBL 3-ways which made things much better but still. The stock shield does look cool though.

Once you select the right angle and height, the Madstad can be set that SO LITTLE wind gets through, one would be tempted to set up a fan. They offer a SUPER DARK, and a Dark (which I have) and several progressively lighter shades. I love the dark look, but I should have gone one shade lighter. Although one looks over the top of the screen, I never realized how often I actually have to look through it. Also, the Madstad is like a power amplifier for the stereo! Next time you want an audio upgrade however, try these (no connection to the company whatsoever): Great products, extremely nice folks to deal with.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...WU-YqGUOT6Q8paAJw&sig2=t_IwQtAYngD9lFRUYSQNMg

Nice bikes guys .The wildest color ive seen so far is a green ,darn near hit a stop light pole staring at it,lol.Im assuming it was a factory hog color.

I've got 2, neither run.... I'm restoring one and hotrodding the other. Both bought as titled basket cases. Mere ghosts of the bikes they once were. The first is a 'little' 1971 Yamaha CT1C 175cc 2-stroke single. I've got a CT3 reed valve top end, Webco high compression head, Hooker expansion chamber, MX175 close ratio gears... I'm building it to run on race gas and put out over twice the stock hp & torque. It will have a custom paint scheme, leather seat, 12v / LED system, etc etc etc. It'll be 200lbs and 35ish hp. Not a lot for the full dressers and rockets seen here, but it should be a fun back road bike :) The other is a 1967 Yamaha Grand Prix 350... also a 2-stroke, but a 350 twin. That one is just getting a frame up stock restro.

Here they were the end of last year before tearing them down.
20161208_roommates.jpg

and here is what they looked like new:

Yamaha_Grand_Prix_350_-_YR1.jpg

1971CT1C-ad.jpg

and the condition I received them in:
20161115_YR1-02.jpg

Yes I have the motor, it was seized and pulled by the original owner

20141029_it-Begins.png

and here is my Grandmother on a Harley in 1936 :D
Nanny_on_motorcycle-1936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom