Show us your Motorcycles

look very comfortable

I have always said if I wanted to be comfortable I would stay in bed. Or take the Buick. Riding is about the experience. Sometimes it's cross country, where comfort is paramount, most often it's a blast cross town or to work.
I grew up on foreign bikes and thought very little of the iconic American V-Twin. That was until I traded rides on a sunny fall day. It didn't take long to understand why Harley's are as popular as they are. I've owned Harley's for 40 years now. I could care less about the image they portray, they are just more fun to ride. My old Sportster was a national record holder in the 1/8 mile.
This thread is about how cool ALL bikes are. Sport bikes have their following, as do cruisers and customs. It's up to the rider to determine what they like. The industrial ride pictured above is cool, you may not like it, but it's something there is only one of. It ain't no Bic disposable.
But like builders tend to say "if I have to explain you wouldn't understand".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... or something like that.

That does not look very comfortable to me. How far can you ride that? How does it handle? I would imagine the jerry can cut into the lean angle. What happens when you get into twisties? What were you adjusting with the hammer? Does the exhaust system make the bike any quieter or are you trying to save lives? How come you don't have a get back whip?

It is extremely comfortable. I designed it to fit me. I bought a text book on motorcycle design by Tony Foyle and followed it religiously. If you buy his book he will talk to you so I sent him my design and he approved it. I can take my hands off the bars and steer by leaning for miles. When I mounted the cans I leaned the bike over to crotch rocket angles and used that to figure out where to mount them.

That motor is a low compression inline four cylinder flat head out of a HiLow and it sounds like a small mail truck puking and not very loud at that.

It is extremely comfortable. I designed it to fit me. I bought a text book on motorcycle design by Tony Foyle and followed it religiously. If you buy his book he will talk to you so I sent him my design and he approved it. I can take my hands off the bars and steer by leaning for miles. When I mounted the cans I leaned the bike over to crotch rocket angles and used that to figure out where to mount them.

That motor is a low compression inline four cylinder flat head out of a HiLow and it sounds like a small mail truck puking and not very loud at that.

I am glad your efforts paid off!

20180806_140851.jpg 20181104_150335.jpg 20180910_152307.jpg 20180624_143441.jpg

2015 Honda CB500F.

Relatively light bike and easy to ride. I ride about once or twice a month on short trips around Palm Beach County and Martin County, Florida. A three or four hour ride on a Sunday morning along the intercostal and beach roads and stop off for breakfast would be a typical ride. At this stage in my life, I stay off the interstates and avoid city riding and rush hour traffic.

The Honda is fun and forgiving bike and I dig the look.

Cheers,

Snade

Honda VFR800fi Interceptor and Suzuki GS500F. These two take up the time (and money) I don't spend tinkering with home audio. I've been riding so long my neck can't take much more and I'll end up riding a cruiser before to long. I hope not. Maybe I could see myself on can.am spider. But only if I'm really hurting.
suz.jpg h.jpg
And yes, yes, the 5th gen 99 VFR is the best all-around bike ever made. (Period).:deal:

Last edited:
Honda VFR800fi Interceptor and Suzuki GS500F. These two take up the time (and money) I don't spend tinkering with home audio. I've been riding so long my neck can't take much more and I'll end up riding a cruiser before to long. I hope not. Maybe I could see myself on can.am spider. But only if I'm really hurting.
View attachment 1356736 View attachment 1356737
And yes, yes, the 5th gen 99 VFR is the best all-around bike ever made. (Period).:deal:

Are you on VFRD Discussion forum? I had 3 of them, had 7,000 + posts and did the VFR annual ride up at Deals Gap in NC several years.

Back
Top Bottom