Show us your Technics stuff

Been using the RP-3800E

These do run quite warm indeed... I have a few of these... have a good system in the kitchen

Awesome!! KItchen system :rockon:, X90 must sound good with the SVI2004A, it has some pretty big cappies

My lastest purchase ST-S7, only downside , which I will be talking with the seller about due to dishonest description, display is very very very week, apart from that excellent condition. The black box is the relay in the ST-S7
34npiqu.jpg

30xg3u1.jpg

9an0oh.jpg

Nice! At least you have the original box.
If it is a VFD, you may be able to restore some of the brightness by "burning it in". But be careful trying to do so, it could permanently damage the display.

Hi Mac, Thanks :) I would expect it was the VFD? .. how would i go about burning it in? The silver ST-S7, the seller mention the display was weak, but i found it be actually pretty good, this one is really bad. Shame there is no replacement VFD parts

Incoming power. Like a car, a VFD will not operate properly with poor quality fuel. The incoming line power must be stable and adequate. Characteristics such as undervoltages, overvoltages, surges, etc. are usually the result of poor power quality. ? all caps in PSU look fine? i would not have to replace them for sure

VFDs, if used for a long time, tend to dim down. They basically work with a high-current heating filament that is placed on top, followed by a thin collector-like mesh and finally the digits that get a faint signal if they have to illuminate. Apparently, one can remove the display from the unit and apply a slightly higher voltage signal to the heating part and/or anode. Here's an example: http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/vacuum-fluorescent-display-rejuvenation/
However, be careful doing so; the risk of permanently damaging the display can be quite high. It definitely makes sense to check the power supply to the VFD first. Check for any ripples, lack of current and voltage, etc.

Thanks Mac for the link and help. I dont know if i would risk it, Maybe the PSU. I will learn how to read the ripple voltages etc. :)

My big love :)
20170224_200010_LLS.jpg

Left:
ST-G90 champagne
DVD-A10
SU-V900
ST-GT630
SV-DA10
SL-PS700
SL-PS900
SH-GE70
RS-B965
RS-DC10

Center:
RS-B965 champagne
SH-8055
SV-DA10 champagne
SV-DA10 champagne
SL-PA10 champagne
SU-MA10 champagne
SH-8055
ST-G90
SL-P777
SL-P999
SU-A60
SE-A50

Right:
SV600 Panasonic
SV-DA10
SU-VX800
SU-VX920
ST-GT650
SJ-MD150
SL-PS7
SL-PS770D
SH-GE90
RS-TR999
RS-AZ7
RS-DC8

In the bedroom:
ST-G560
ST-GT1000
SH-GE70
RS-BX828
SU-A40
SE-M100
SV-DA10
SL-PS70

Last edited:
My big love :)
View attachment 875143

Left:
ST-G90 champagne
DVD-A10
SU-V900
ST-GT630
SV-DA10
SL-PS700
SL-PS900
SH-GE70
RS-B965
RS-DC10

Center:
RS-B965 champagne
SH-8055
SV-DA10 champagne
SV-DA10 champagne
SL-PA10 champagne
SU-MA10 champagne
SH-8055
ST-G90
SL-P777
SL-P999
SU-A60
SE-A50

Right:
SV600 Panasonic
SV-DA10
SU-VX800
SU-VX920
ST-GT650
SJ-MD150
SL-PS7
SL-PS770D
SH-GE90
RS-TR999
RS-AZ7
RS-DC8

In the bedroom:
ST-G560
ST-GT1000
SH-GE70
RS-BX828
SU-A40
SE-M100
SV-DA10
SL-PS70

EFF ME!!! That's one heck of a system!! Must be stoked with it... I am..

My Technics revised system
(Silver)
Technics SL-D202
Technics SU-V9
Technics ST-S4
Technics SL-P350 (upgraded)
(black/grey)
Technics ST-G3
Technics SL-PG440A (upgraded) Technics MASH player
Technics SU-V4X (2 of them)
Technics SB-6 speakers
P1060222.JPG

I recently got the Technics SB-10 Japanese version (91db) speakers. These speakers have a different finish than the regular European and American versions. I am very happy because I have been waiting for over 35 years to get them and I finally have. They sound extraordinary. I think they sound better Yamaha NS-1000M. They sound more acoustic. I hope if anybody has these speakers on this forum they can detail their own experience. It would be nice. IMG_1496.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1552.JPG

Awesome! The SB-10 are one of the most amazing pair of speakers Technics has ever made! They sound beyond magnificent!
Also, your pair seems to be in pretty good condition (no dents on the diaphragms). Mine unfortunately have a few here and there.

Here's one of them in my set (European version with 87 dB/W(m)):

Gonna make a better picture once I'm back home again.

Ouch, I had a pair that were cosmetically a little beat but amazing sounding. I ended up selling them and dearly wish I had them back.
Little likelihood of finding another pair.
It's funny you mention the NS-1000 as I had a pair of those on loan from a friend at the same time and did a lot of back and forth. I think the Beryllium mid on the Yamaha slightly edged out the SB-10 but otherwise the SB 10 was the winner. Overall I'd have to give it to the SB-10.

Thank you for your comments...Mine are almost perfect but on one of the woofers there are a few small scratches. You can only see them if you really inspect the speakers, but at a glance you wouldn't notice the difference. I paid $1500 dollars for them. Can I ask a question..? What do you think are the differences between the 87db and 91db versions of the SB-10? I know they have different crossovers, but is there really a big difference?

Awesome! The SB-10 are one of the most amazing pair of speakers Technics has ever made! They sound beyond magnificent!
Also, your pair seems to be in pretty good condition (no dents on the diaphragms). Mine unfortunately have a few here and there.

Here's one of them in my set (European version with 87 dB/W(m)):

Gonna make a better picture once I'm back home again.
It would be nice if you could take a real close picture of your SB-10s and also the grill because I know they are different....On my pair the frames of the grills are made out of wood. I know that the European version is made out of plastic. Can you confirm if your pair follow the same construction....Thank you.....IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1582.JPG IMG_1583.JPG

The grilles are exactly the same on mine: wood, with rubber bushings attached to the wooden triangles.

I'll take pictures as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom