Show us your Technics stuff

My latest buy. According to the seller the power transistors were shorted. I made the gamble and....

was lucky.

It doesn't come out of prectection, but the power transistors are alright.

A Technics SA-818 is very very rare. It is even more rare with a black face plate. And even more rarer in the "US army attire" version sold to American soldiers in Germany. It has the -FEE extension at the serial number sticker, the US version wooden cabinet and the European version 110/120 & 220/240 volt selector switch.

4dVC1kX.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant devices from you guys here! Just casually with the best turntable in the world , the SL-1000MK3D.
Nice A5 you've got there as well! I'd have chosen LEDs with a bit of a warmer colour, but the evenness of the illumination is spot on! Hopefully my light bulbs are never going to die…

Brilliant devices from you guys here! Just casually with the best turntable in the world , the SL-1000MK3D.
Nice A5 you've got there as well! I'd have chosen LEDs with a bit of a warmer colour, but the evenness of the illumination is spot on! Hopefully my light bulbs are never going to die…

Thanks mate,
well, I hear ya on the color temperature however it was a matter of taste to me as I did not like the warmer yellowish tint anyway, so it is on purpose.
The neutral white looks better to me. So in essence I have done some modernization of the old classic vs. just a restoration. I also added a soft start, a gentleman's turn on if you will.

Now in my testing stack: Technics Sa-818. Super lucky to find one for a price too good to pass on. Some issues; an idiot has tried to repair the wood case with vinyl so i'll have to redo it. The back speaker posts are broken. And the loudness switch is broken off. All of these are relatively easy to fix and it's such a nice machine to look at ;-)

P_20170331_235652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom