Show us your Technics stuff

The K stands for "Black".

Sometimes also the letter A is used, for instance in Technics SA-500A, which again is the black version of the SA-500.

However, it seems not to be consistent, as this picture indicates:

SStsCc3.jpg

Last edited:
hemiram - - that onkyo is a amazing machine , i wish one in my collection , but in my country they are very expensive .........as for meters , i dont like them at all , because they are black , the best colour to fit is yellow- beige , but unfortunatelly not all gear manufacturers understood that ............and i must say , people , dont **** with lights on meters , always put green , yellow , and maybe white lights , never put red, blue , or other crap ........the only blue meters that really look good is on marantz , but there is a sign of trademark ...............i saw a bunch of idiots on youtube , who put blue leds on vintage meters or tuners/receivers scales...........just my opinion.

Got 2 new Technics items

Technics SL-PS50 for only $20, does not read discs, well in fact it reads pre 80s cds and some cdrs but not any cds from the 90s onwards, may need an adjustment
Technics ST-S6 for the V9

P1120443.JPG P1120442.JPG

i had technics st s7 tuner with timer , it had an amazing strog built case , full metal , overall very carefully chosen pieces inside , with a reception part that coud receive fm radios from 150 km away .......the weak part was fluorescent tube display who , after those years faded too much, that was why i sold it......anyway , amazing unit considerind it was a middle class tuner........

Technics, i have 2 ST-S7 tuners both dim even after recap, but they match my black and silver V8 amps. It has a relay the S7 and is very well made and sturdy, much like the V8 whose chasis is pretty solid over the V9s. Must be a common issue with the S7 tuners then, i have S4 tuner as parts as no output, might try someday use its FTD as its bright

The VFDs wear out over time; recapping won't help. There's a few tricks one can try to re-establish the brightness in the displays, one of which includes slightly overvolting the anode for a few minutes. However, it could also go wrong, so I'd be careful with it. Here's some more info (in German; sorry).

hemiram - - that onkyo is a amazing machine , i wish one in my collection , but in my country they are very expensive .........as for meters , i dont like them at all , because they are black , the best colour to fit is yellow- beige , but unfortunatelly not all gear manufacturers understood that ............and i must say , people , dont **** with lights on meters , always put green , yellow , and maybe white lights , never put red, blue , or other crap ........the only blue meters that really look good is on marantz , but there is a sign of trademark ...............i saw a bunch of idiots on youtube , who put blue leds on vintage meters or tuners/receivers scales...........just my opinion.

I disagree about the color of meters, I like the black background color with white or colored numbers, etc, the best, but any big meter is great. My only complaint about the blue meters sometimes is that when LEDs are replacing bulbs, they are too bright. My Onkyo's green LEDs are about 30% too bright compared to the original red bulbs that turn on when it goes through it's power on cycle. I will remedy that eventually.

Back
Top Bottom