Just can't seem to quit referring to this one lately:

beach-boys-pet_sounds.jpg

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1
Steve Miller Band vinyl classic -
Recall the Beginning ... A Journey from Eden

Side one is a fun romp, but side 2 ...Whoah!

"Love's Riddle" – 3:25
"Fandango" – 3:57
"Nothing Lasts" – 4:08
"Journey from Eden" – 6:45

And Julian Cope backs me up!

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/520/

attachment.php

Attachments

• Miller_recall.jpg
    Miller_recall.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 60
I was going to say Led zepp's III, both sides are grat, but side 2 is wonderful.

I think record companies usually arrange for the "singles" to be usually on side 1/A, and if they become hits, well then you have a "stronger" side 1/A, or at least one that's more played.

I Agree that an album should be completein both sides, but we all know that is really hard to find a perfect album , one in which all songs are killer to you. With that in mind, one thing that i really like and that i have enjoyed about playing records is that it makes me listen to the whole album, not just the singles or the hits, but the whole package, the way it was intended.

I was going to say Led zepp's III, both sides are grat, but side 2 is wonderful.

I think record companies usually arrange for the "singles" to be usually on side 1/A, and if they become hits, well then you have a "stronger" side 1/A, or at least one that's more played.

I Agree that an album should be completein both sides, but we all know that is really hard to find a perfect album , one in which all songs are killer to you. With that in mind, one thing that i really like and that i have enjoyed about playing records is that it makes me listen to the whole album, not just the singles or the hits, but the whole package, the way it was intended.

Forever_Together.jpg

This obscurity. Sure the cover is creepy but the back cover pics of the band in the studio looked a little more promising so I forked over the 30 Czech koruns [$1.50] where I found this in Prague. It's a Wisconsin Christian folk/rock LP from 1974. Side 1 kicks off with a brilliant track, second tune is so-so and by track 3 we're into goofy cabaret territory. The last track on side 1 is pretty cool but I'm not anticipating much from side 2. Then, whoa, side 2 just blows me away. :thmbsp:

both sides of time magazines album of the 20th century were great, but the b side of Bob Marley and the Wailers "Exodus" is awesome.

Thread resurrection!
What would you guess the percentage would be? Eighty or ninety percent side A stronger?
I need to desperately cull some vinyl. I can't listen to both sides of the albums where I don't like side A.
I bought a large rock collection and I'm working my way thru it, but life is short.

Back
Top Bottom