Signet SL 256 - Any opinions?

Jibe01

So, yesterday, I'm meeting with a client at her new home. On the porch are a couple of speakers sitting on a table with some misc. junk. So I tell her, "they look like nice speakers. Why do you have them outside?" So she says,"Because I want them gone! Do you want them?" So I take home a pair of Signet SL 256's in great shape. They sound great hooked up to my Sansui 2000A receiver. I understand that Signet is no longer in business. I've found a couple of reviews. Anyone here own a pair? If so, what has been your experience with them?20180131 Signet 1.jpg 20180131 Signet 2.jpg 20180131 Signet 3.jpg

I have the Signet Video series equivalent of the SL 256... (VL 252) along with the matching center channel (VL 266). They are AWESOME. Same drivers as the SL 256, but mine are video shielded and came in a beautiful gloss black finish. I would say that they could be compared to the sound of a pair of Paradigm Studio 20 but I think they sound better. My interest in Signet was spurred by a review that I read in Stereophile magazine which listed the SL 256 as a steal in its category. It's a shame that the company went out of business as I think their product line was great!

BTW- I just recently bought a vintage Sansui AU 217 integrated amp., glad to know the Signets sound good with the Sansui products. I haven't got around to hooking mine up yet but am really looking forward to it now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom