Silver Pioneer Equalizers

Greg B.

AK Donor
According to the silverpioneer website, the only equalizers Pioneer made during the silver era were the SG-9500 and SG-9800. That 9500 with the wood case is way cool. :)

However, I see from Doc's post last year on the Motherlode topic that there are what appear to be other silver-faced equalizers: the SG-300 and SG-540, to name a couple.

Are these truly silver-faced or am I not seeing the scans properly? Are they part of the "champagne" era?

Yes, I'm thinking of adding one to my SX-880, and want one that will appear of the era.

I have an SG-9 and it doesn't have that clean "silver" appearance of my SX-1080, but I would hesitate to call it champagne.

SG-9500 is 10 band per channel, brushed aluminum, un-lit slides.

SG-9800 is 12 band per channel, brushed aluminum, lit slides.

SG-9 is 12-band per channel, champagne, lit slides.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I have a Pioneer SG-300 with 7 slides per channel and it is brushed silver.
Purchased in 1982.
They also had the SG-3 (same as the SG 300)---but it was the champagne color.
James

heck my 1984ish SG-50 (M) Spectrum Anaylzer/Equalizer is Silver faced slightly different then my SG-9800 But still silver.

I have the SG-9500 and the SG-9800. Think I prefer the SG-9500 a little better. The SG-9800 has the lights and a few more slides and buttons, but the 9500 has the slider knobs that match the SX receivers. Oh heck, it's really a toss up. They are both cool.:banana:

Last edited:
that wooden 9500 is my smaller white whale behind the sd 1100 or 1000

Here's the auction link for the wood case I found for my 9500. This was particularly amazing because it was absolutely NOS in the original box. Blew my mind. The seller was clearing out a big cache of old stock in Minneapolis, MN. You can send a message to the seller to see if he has found any more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Wood-case-WC-UA1-Cassette-CT-F2121-Vintage-amp-receiver-RARE-SA-9500-/121058448103

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom