Silver Pioneer Stuff

My "Pusher Man" is a collector/flipper that has been in the audio business for over 30 years and owns literally a house full of vintage electronics. From entry level audio to audiophile quality top end, he has hundreds of receivers, turntables, speakers. He has 5 Pioneer SX 1250's...... One of which I'm buying as my next receiver.... He constantly tells me I need more stuff..... I'm thinking it's so I will be as deep into the electronic bug as he is. My wife says " ain't happening". Lol

You definitely need a 1250.

A truly stellar collection you have there - beautiful stuff!

I have an SX-950, and a PL-550 turntable. I think I might have to hunt down a nice set of 70's Pioneer separates too.

Thank you Flame, but my Pioneer "collection" is quite modest.
It's more of an accumulation.
There is no rhyme or reason behind what I have.
It's simply what I have picked up over time.
I have actually left several older Pioneer receivers on the shelf recently (SX-990 and SX-1500 most recently) because buying more seems rather pointless.
If you have more than you can use already, what use is more?

Everything that I showed has been refurbished with new capacitors.
Of what I have, the SX-950 is noteworthy in the way that it responded to refurbishment.
It was a thin-sounding thing as I got it, weak and strained.
With new caps and transistors inside, it is quite the beast.
It is now hugely strong and powerful-sounding.
It was a remarkable transformation.
If you are not very impressed with the bass on your 950, then it needs new parts inside.

The SX-1000TW is a very nice receiver, which I like particularly because of the quality of its tuner.
It's head and shoulders above the rest my Pioneers in the performance of its tuner.
I also recently picked up an Allied 395, which is a rebadged SX-1000TD or similar, and which is currently anchoring my living room system.
Its tuner is similarly impressive.
The SX-1000's don't get a lot of discussion.
They are not flashy or colorful like later models, but they have a warm, clean, and powerful sound to them.
They are easy to like.

My silver pioneer. Pl 530 on top and PL12Dii, then
Rt 707
SR303 Reverb
SA 8500ii pre amp
My 9500ii is in shop getting full recap/ Restore
TX 9500ii Tuner
SG 9500 Eq
Spec 2 Amp My prized pioneer position
RG1 Dynamic Processor
CTF 8282 Cassette
And pioneer Cs 907 and CS 903 speakers