Simply Speakers JBL LE25 and LE5 Copies

I am curious to hear about yalls evaluation of these. I need a set for my L26. Im not crazy about the price though.

If the midrange has a frequency response more like the 104h2/3 then it would be a great update. IMHO you could make a really nice/ modern L-100 by using the 4319 low pass crossover for the 123a woofer...the crossover out of the 4412 for the midrange on up and use a ribbon tweeter as a sub for the titanium dome i.e.: a Fountek neocd 3.0.

I'd be concerned that they aren't produced with the tight tolerances that JBL required in their production and imaging will suffer, especially if SS isn't able to provide specs and graphs. Say what you want about JBL, but their drivers and production control was first-rate, where other manufacturers had to "match" driver pairs, JBLs were close enough to match straight from production.

If the midrange has a frequency response more like the 104h2/3 then it would be a great update. IMHO you could make a really nice/ modern L-100 by using the 4319 low pass crossover for the 123a woofer...the crossover out of the 4412 for the midrange on up and use a ribbon tweeter as a sub for the titanium dome i.e.: a Fountek neocd 3.0.

Or Aurum Cantus Lotsa goodness in them ribbons.

Any update from someone who's heard them?
Thanks
Sure. I purchased them, and replaced the original tweeters in my L100 Centurys (intending to replace the foams. I actually preferred the Simply Speaker units, I found them less harsh, easier on the ears. I have never bothered to switch them back. Great value, IMO, and I highly recommend them.

The midrange driver ie LE-5 is the problem IMO in the 100/4310-12 series. The Lansing Forum displays the frequency response for the various iterations of the driver and the 104h2/3 is the one with the flattest response. My hope is that the Simply Speaker midrange mimics the 104.

The voice coil in the "LE5" is listed as 0.937" diameter- effectively a "1 inch" voice coil.

That should make it more like a 104H-2 than an original LE5. The LE5 models had a 0.75" voice coil.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom