Site has to many redirects with iPhone!

markpilk

I do most of my viewing of the AK site from my iPhone and I will get an annoying amount of automatic redirects to the app store. I know there's banners that have links, but that's not what's happening. An example is I can be in barter town and click on media and it jumps my over to my apps program asking me if I want to download a game app or something. Is this happening for others as well? Not sure if my post is in the wrong group but could not find any other group!

Mark

Thanks for the tip and I will look into clearing cashe, but I never have this issue on any other site.

I've looked into the issue some more and it seems to be a web site thing and not a virus. And almost all web sites that are causing this are message board type sites. I do have an update for my iPhone 6 so I plan to try that. I did not delete my cache but I'm curious if botrytis had this issue and it cleared it up by clearing cache?

I use my phone mostly for this site and this has been occurring ever since the site had a mess up.

I forget the date but I believe it happened around Febuary this year. When you would connect to audiokarma it would send you to the videokarma forum. This bug lasted for about an hour and affected all users.

Ever since then after fixing it I get redirects to the App Store. Not sure if these events are connected just stating how I remember it happening

This is the only website that I frequently visit that this happens on ...

Yeah, I get the same/similar thing on my Android phone on occasion. Browsing along on the forum then all of a sudden I'm at the App Store with Game of War (most recently) wanting to install.

Same issue here, android phone. Only this site. In fact it just happened twice in a row. Clicked on a thread, got redirected to control(dot)kochava which opened the app store. Closed it, hit the back button, clicked on the thread again and got redirected to tracking(dot)crobo which then opened the app store. Very irritating.

And I had just cleared my history and cache.

You might check out the Ghostery browser from the App store. (Or one of the similar setups out there.)

Plus, you do have pop-ups turned off, and similar privacy settings enabled on the phone?

Chip

In the iPhone there is a n "auto link to App Store" switch that I turned off and this same thing stopped. I don't recall the exact name but it was in the setting for either safari or the App Store.

I do believe however the issue is one of a virus as I get the same App when it did it. It was for an online gambling site.

Good luck

Eric

Have the same here on an iPad. It is sporadic and happens for me only when I hit the back button in safari. Clearing cache is not helping and it is not all the time repeatable with an affected thread/back button, means sometimes I can repeat it and it redirects but sometimes not. Also if I come back to the affected thread after some hours it's gone. Happens so far also only on weekend days, not so far during the week when traffic is lower on the forum.
Since I have fairly steady amount of pages I frequent on my iPhone and also iPad it only happens on the iPad. If it would kind like a drive by virus from a page I frequent it would be on both.
In the last two weeks since I updated my iPad and got a new iPhone it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom