Slide Show on Disc

BKville

I want to put old family pictures on disc for Christmas presents this year.. But I've never done anything like this before.. I do know the first step is to scan the pictures into your computer... Then I'll need the right software..

My questions are...

Has anyone here done this and if so what tips could you give me..

Is there any shareware or freeware to be had..

What should I use for disc...

Thanks, Brent

I did that for my class reunion this summer. I simply scanned the pictures in at a fairly high resolution (300 dpi), cleaned up any color shifts and cropped them as needed and saved them as J-pegs into ONE folder. Then using Nero, I put a regular CD-R in the drive and selected to make a DATA DISC. I selected the picture folder to be burned and a few moments later I had a disc that was viewable as a slideshow on any Windows based PC and on any current DVD player. Made probably a dozen or more for friends. Only one person had a problem viewing it. Be sure to select "DATA" when you get ready to burn and not "PICTURE-VIDEO".

What I do is scan them to one folder like CELT advised,then I send the folder to my G drive.I then click on the left of the G drive window where it says copy onto disk,and voila!When you put the disc into most modern DVD players,it will play each photo for ten seconds,then go to the next one.You can hit stop if you want,and it will list all the photos on the disc,and you can use the dial to acess any photo on the disc.

Thanks guys...

Great... I was hoping it would be that easy.. I have Nero too.. I wasn't sure about the data option..

Thanks again, Brent

Back
Top Bottom