Slow loading... is it just me?

I'm running Safari on Mac, and I'm having the same issues. I didn't have any issues with AK up until the last couple weeks or so, which seems to be concurrent with the timeframe of other people's struggles with the same issues. I have the latest version of Safari and I haven't made any changes to my settings, and AK was running just fine beforehand. I wonder if it could be a site issue instead of a browser issue?

it depends on the phase of the moon.
Mine internet fluctuates at random just like AK.
rite now my AK zzzips rite along.

My computer only runs slow when I visit here. If I made someone unhappy for posting to much or something I am sorry..................:(

Slow loading speeds are often not related to your computer, but rather to a combination of things. Among which are where you are on the line ie: at the very end of a line with hundreds or thousands of people on line at the same time (the farther you are away from the main distribution node for your area, the slower your connection will be as it works somewhat as a first reached, first served situation), the upload speed of the server itself (has more of an impact than people may think as the connection is only as fast as it's slowest component) as well as the number of people accessing that particular site at the same time. Also, internet providers have been known to slow down internet connections when that particular section of the network starts to reach overload.

I have been experiencing very high CPU usage viewing AK in the Microsoft Edge browser, even if I have only a couple of tabs open. Anyone else?

Crawling at a snails pace here. Other sites I have no issue with. Just AK. What is going on today?

I'm experiencing speeds a bit slower than normal, but the most annoying change lately has been the inability to post a reply or start a thread without constantly being bounced out of the edit box. I was able to trace it down to a google double click , google adsense tracker that is trying to open an advertising banner at the top/and or bottom of the screen.

I was able to solve my problems by installing an ad/script blocker to my browsers, thank to member +48v. Read the thread I started here:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....nd-or-bottom-of-page-causing-problems.758777/
Neither one of us are affiliated with Ghostery, the plugin mentioned in that thread, there are many others available, but Ghostery worked for me.

I'm not sure if the solution in that thread is going to help with speeds, but it might.
I was having a similar problem on other audio sites like vinylengine and hifiengine. The database drop down menus were rolling back up before I had a chance to make a manufacturer selection. Installing the ad/script blocker cleared the problem up on those sites as well. The same ad banner was trying to open on those sites also.

Good luck

I wonder why none of the moderators have addressed these concerns one way or another yet? Not upset, but just wondering.

This thread should incorporate a poll to see which browser is being used.
There are at least two groups of users with different experiences.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Today has been particularly bad.

Firefox here. It has always worked the best for me.

I don't know beans about computers but I think it's the evil black boxes that are flashing on the top and bottom of the pages. A few times I closed them out and was immediately back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom