1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Slow loading... is it just me?

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by eljr, Jan 6, 2017.

1. RDecartridge

RDecartridge "I hear, therefore I am" Subscriber

Sloth-like (again)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

I have up & down periods with the site too. Sometimes it just sits on the forum start page without loading them up, everything is blank.

Other times no issues. I've started checking my DL/UL speed when this happens and so far that does not seem to be a problem on my end.

http://www.speedtest.net/

3. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

The evil black box did me in again. Completely shut down replying to threads. As soon as I closed it all was fixed. Must be Russian hackers.

4. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

Today is the first time I have noticed any slowdown since the new system. The slowdown is not only from page to page, but also with the part of the system when you hover the mouse over a forum entry to see the first part of the thread in the balloon above it. This particular thing is taking way too long.

5. zebra03

zebra03 All Audio - NO BS

The last couple of days I have ben getting security alerts and AK has been locking up the computer . PITA

6. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

Jeez, what's going on?

7. zebra03

Security certificate not recognized . If I let the page sit for a couple minutes , it will settle down .

8. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

^Yikes! That's awful! :( For me if things are running slowly here on AK (which seems to be at least half the time, unfortunately), pages usually take anywhere between 5-15 seconds to load. Also, when I go to edit a post it takes about the same amount of time for the edit window to load. Same thing goes for when I re-enter the post. When things are slow, just about all actions on AK take that amount of time for me.

eljr likes this.
  9. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Super Member

I have been getting the security certificate error the last couple of days at work. I have to use the task manager to close the page.

10. zebra03

Exactly , me too .

11. SaturationPt

SaturationPt AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think most of it is the ads and especially the video ads that I get on this site, ... slower than pretty much any site, I get warnings, asks me if the site can run an ap on my computer, ... really annoying.
    I wish that paying to be a member here would have given me an ad-free experience, ... apparently it's the opposite!

pustelniakr likes this.
  12. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

That might be a good suggestion, but try running an ad blocker. It makes sites load much faster and easier (because it isn't loading a ton of ads), and you don't get all those annoying popups. Just a thought. But with that said, things are still slow for me here for whatever reason.

Any word yet from the mods/admin. on this issue at all?

13. Westy56

Westy56 A symphony of paradox

This a problem for some but not for all. This site is never slow for me.
    As I stated before, my security settings are on high.

14. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member

Comes and goes for me so I'm never quite sure if it's this site or something else.

15. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

Comes and goes for me too.

16. SaturationPt

It's this site. I have a couple of other sites that I started to frequent, one Mercedes site and one for-sale site that have the same burdensome adware and loading problems, I have found alternatives to them and don't go there anymore and am looking for a good alternative to this site also. Its a shame because there are so many good people here.

I suspect that the reason that we get no response is because the Admins / site owner has a contract with the server company that requires certain ads to run, and there's really nothing that they can do at this point. Perhaps when the current contract is up for renewal they will make a different choice, such as allowing those of us who pay to be here to bypass the ads, we can always continue to suggest it to them. Until then, they should know that many people who are turned off by having to wait, to hear annoying video ads, and to seek third-party ad blocking plugins just on this site will visit here less or not at all, and that will affect their hit count also. It will also affect how many of us will commit to paying again.

Just a choice of dollars, I hope that the ownership here chooses well.

17. buglegirl

buglegirl In The Direction Of The Singularity Subscriber

Does not affect me so I am staying and just renewed.

Frannie

18. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

It's time related here. Peak hours like 5-8 at night seem to be the slowest when there's lots of traffic here. Early in the am (before sunrise) it loads as quick as I can click

19. SaturationPt

When I don't get warnings about the site trying to open an ap, the page runs fairly well, when my internet is running fast it runs fairly well, but I do notice the fan running any time I'm at AK (like right now). The warnings are random, some days on every click and other days (like this morning) less frequent, I think it just depends on which ads load on that particular page/click.

If you watch your resource monitor on your computer you will see the differences and right now it seems to be running fast and light. I'd like to believe that this indicates a change in the AK site, but I've hoped that before when it seemed to be going well, ... still hoping.

20. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

That is extremely unlikely. The ads on this site are 100% voluntary and run at the discretion of the owner.