Slow loading... is it just me?

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by eljr, Jan 6, 2017.

1. RDecartridge

RDecartridge "I hear, therefore I am" Subscriber

Sloth-like (again)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 9:18 PM
  2. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

I have up & down periods with the site too. Sometimes it just sits on the forum start page without loading them up, everything is blank.

Other times no issues. I've started checking my DL/UL speed when this happens and so far that does not seem to be a problem on my end.

http://www.speedtest.net/

3. grillebilly

grillebilly Empty Head Subscriber

The evil black box did me in again. Completely shut down replying to threads. As soon as I closed it all was fixed. Must be Russian hackers.

4. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

Today is the first time I have noticed any slowdown since the new system. The slowdown is not only from page to page, but also with the part of the system when you hover the mouse over a forum entry to see the first part of the thread in the balloon above it. This particular thing is taking way too long.

5. zebra03

zebra03 All Audio - NO BS

The last couple of days I have ben getting security alerts and AK has been locking up the computer . PITA

6. Eywadude

Eywadude Addicted Member

Jeez, what's going on?

7. zebra03

Security certificate not recognized . If I let the page sit for a couple minutes , it will settle down .

8. Eywadude

Eywadude Addicted Member

^Yikes! That's awful! :( For me if things are running slowly here on AK (which seems to be at least half the time, unfortunately), pages usually take anywhere between 5-15 seconds to load. Also, when I go to edit a post it takes about the same amount of time for the edit window to load. Same thing goes for when I re-enter the post. When things are slow, just about all actions on AK take that amount of time for me.

eljr likes this.
  9. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Super Member

I have been getting the security certificate error the last couple of days at work. I have to use the task manager to close the page.

10. zebra03

Exactly , me too .