SMAC April 2014

I wish I could see everyone but my 29 year old son is still at the U of M Hospital fighting ALL leukemia since 3/20/2014, a family member is with him 24/7. I wish he would get discharged for Easter but there's little hope of that, looks like outpatient treatments start in May until the bone marrow in July. :tears:

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that your son is so sick. I'm pulling for your family.

- Olson is planning to bring a laptop and new DAC, if he gets in in time) and was considering bringing some speakers and a NAD integrated for the Family Room.

Super!!! I have those 24/192 files on a thumb drive with a digital copy of the 24kt gold DCC Eagles Greatest Hits we can audition (let the Eagles jokes begin!!). I may bring those Django Mosaic CDs too.

Super!!! I have those 24/192 files on a thumb drive with a digital copy of the 24kt gold DCC Eagles Greatest Hits we can audition (let the Eagles jokes begin!!). I may bring those Django Mosaic CDs too.

OK, I will go first....I wonder if Don can make a great White Russian?

e9a986ad66ae831da3dd296915263a2c2c0622b13e6690700b4c378552b7dc0b.jpg

Ha!

I'd love to hear some of those Django Mosaics you got. And I'll work on the White Russians; I'm certain all the ingredients are here!

Well, I picked up the Song Towers from Jim this morning (they're in the car at the moment waiting for an extra set of hands to help haul inside) and the McIntosh C11 preamp seems to sound good with the new Russian caps and carefully selected tubes!

Pulled Pork and Pretzel Buns also ...

EDIT: And I should add that, in spite of the strong emotions shown, I'm completely ambivalent about The Eagles. :D

EDIT: And I should add that, in spite of the strong emotions shown, I'm completely ambivalent about The Eagles. :D

I picked it up because it was the DCC Gold and VERY highly thought of sonically. Plus it leans heavily on stuff from their first three LPs which I do like.

Maybe you just had to be there to dig it...:dunno:

I did see them twice. This was the first time...

attachment.php

Attachments

• totA.jpg
    totA.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Don, can you play DVDs? The Eagles' Hell Freezes Over has been requested by Michalak (a.k.a. Pajama Boy).

See you tomorrow.

Wow - what a great turnout! It was nice to see so many old friends and some new faces, too. Hope everybody had a good time!

To whomever left the 12-pack of Blue Moon on the back porch, thanks! (We're not beer drinkers, but we'll see that it gets put to good use and is appreciated.)

To whomever left the four Miller Lites in the fridge, WTH?!? :nono: :D

Looking forward to next month's meet already! See you then ...

Great time seeing all the new faces and old legs!

The pulled pork & pickles on the grilled and buttered pretzel buns was out of site.

Thanks for hosting.

BTW the Gallo Classico CL-3's review which explains the lack of crossover, the B.L.A.S.T & the Optimized Pulse Technology (OPT) Level 2 more eloquently than I can is here.

:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Thanks for being such a grand host Don!! Providing 3 fully functioning systems was nice, including Olson's all digital rig in the family room. Those little Gallos drew quite a bit of attention.

Django sounded pretty good upstairs too :thmbsp:

Last edited:
The meet was a resounding success! From the three rooms to the pulled pork to the bar! Stephen deserves more than a nod of thanks along with Don! We are going to have to spend much more time at Manhattan Boy's.

Great time Don. Thanks for everything. THe pulled pork was incredible. If we actually do move to Santa Fe next month, I sure am glad I got to see so many old and new friends. Thanks again!!!

Great time Don. Thanks for everything. THe pulled pork was incredible. If we actually do move to Santa Fe next month, I sure am glad I got to see so many old and new friends. Thanks again!!!

You will be sorely missed.. but then now I have even more reason to vacation in New Mexico..

My compliments Don on an amazing meet! Three rigs, no waiting! I'll be telling my grand kids about this day (when and if I ever have any). Please pass my complements also to chef stephen. He looked a bit busy. Perhaps he needs a sous chef. Oh yeah, and the lemoncello was quite tasty too.

Back
Top Bottom