SMAC at AXPONA?

Have fun, will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Will you be posting pictures?
I'll post a few of the interesting ones here later in the day. Some will be in "real time" on my Instagram accounts (public one at @a.m.corner) and/or Twitter (@rudy64). I thought about lugging my DSLR around but may just do that on one of the days. Most will be with my phone (which is pretty darned good now--sometimes it takes better low-light HDR pics than the DSLR).

I brought a device with me that works as a portable WiFi router and DLNA server, partly because I could transfer photos from the DSLR's SD card to the phone or tablet for sharing, and to a USB thumb drive as a backup, without needing a laptop.

I'll post a few of the interesting ones here later in the day. Some will be in "real time" on my Instagram accounts (public one at @a.m.corner) and/or Twitter (@rudy64).

Jezz, maybe I will need to learn how to do the Instagram or Twitter thingies.

Cool. If I was attending this year I would be searching out some MQA rooms/demo's to hear if the hype is real.

I sat through two seminars and was tagging along with a few others, so I didn't get to see much yet. But so far, my favorite sound of the day was on the 12th floor--Pass Labs power amps, Focal speakers and the Clearaudio Performance DC turntable. They had one of the meeting rooms, so that could be why.

Had to skip the ELAC room a few times--Andrew Jones was there and the room was packed.

I swear, too, the woofers were out of phase in the Tannoy/Rogue Audio room. And I pointed it out.

Fremer's turntable setup seminar was worth seeing. I might or might not go again, as anything I was unclear on he pretty much covered. (Only thing is, he can't cure my bad eyesight and fumbling fingers as of late...)

Plenty more to see tomorrow. I'm fighting some "crud" I picked up last week though, so I can't hear much of anything properly right now.

The KEF Blade Two is a nice...OK, niiiiiiice..... sounding speaker. Pics are at the Instagram link above.

I don't know if it's because I know what the differences are, but CD 16/44.1 digital often stands out like a sore thumb here.

I might have a few more pics to go, but I have many posted at the link above (with comments).

Andrew Jones was quite a character. ;) Enjoyed our visits to his room, and ELAC is going to have some winning speakers coming out at the end of the month.

So, tickets went on sale a few days ago for AXPONA 2017.

Should we try this again? ;)

I'm likely going, provided nothing drastic changes with my work schedule. I felt so crappy last time I went (fighting "the crud") that I sort of just dragged myself through it. If anyone going would want to meet up, perhaps we should choose a venue to meet at and hang out. I realize it's likely not the best show around (some manufacturers I wanted to see weren't even making an appearance), but it's also about hanging out and sharing with others.

Still can't bring myself to pay their rates for the Westin, though. So, I likely will stay off-site, or crash at my buddy's house in the 'burbs.

Anyone else, then, planning on going?

Back
Top Bottom