SMAC August 2014

Sorry to miss this one too. Parents are on their way from FL and I spent the day cleaning house. No chicken or cake for me either.:-(

How did the serious listening go? What was the BEST speaker?

Jeff

I was kind of bummed to have missed this one too.

We did blow the horn while driving by on M-14 around 4:00....thought about stopping in but we had a trailer on the car and I know the parking was tight.

Thanks to Dave and Gloria, a great meet. Interesting listening to the vast array of monitors from a vast collection of monitors. Was drawn between the Kef's and Sonus Fabers (spell?) as to favourites.

Too funny. I spent the day with Andyman and Keg doing our NFL Fantasy football draft and I was checking out Andyman's phone and typed in that the Sonous Fabers were my favorites, not thinking that it would come up under Andy's name.

Thanks to Dave and Gloria for a very nice meet. I'd have to say that the Sonus Fabers were my fave also. The brew and grub were excellent too. :tresbon:

Just got home from Dave and Gloria's place. What a great party. The food was great and Dave and Gloria had many many speakers we rolled in and out of the system. My favorites are the Sonous Fabers (spell). Thanks for a great time!!!

My sentiments exactly, except, for the most part I liked the Rogers LS2's the best, at least in that room with the material and gear that was being played.

What a wonder SMAC meet! Good to see a lot of guys I haven't seen in many months!

Great beer, and food, and couldn't ask for better hosts! :banana:

Dave & Gloria, Excellent meet and excellent meat, (notice what I did there?). Dave, I'd like to pick your brain a bit more about your computer based system, I really liked it. I liked the Rogers best. Thanx for hosting.

I think I liked the Sonos Fabers and larger Kefs the best. I didn't care much for the Monitor Audios or the Royds, I'm afraid. Wish I heard the Rogers and Regas. Next time ...

Great meet, thanks to you and Gloria for all the splendid details!

Actually the KEF Q15's (4th generations) and the Q300's have the same size drivers. They are similar in size too - it is just the new ones have a more advanced driver design.

The Royds need a good room. Also they are a very classic British sound.

I wish I'd listened to them now. I used to own Spendor BC-1's and Chartwell LS35-A's and liked them both. Which Royds do you have?

Back
Top Bottom