SMAC December 2013

jmathers

The December SMAC meeting will be held at Steve's place (Romeo Computer) on Saturday, December 14th from 1pm to 6pm. See my email for details on the system, etc.

Hope to see you there!:banana::banana:

I'll be there and may bring some vintage bookshelf speakers to help out with this part...

"Others could bring any equipment that they may want to swap/sell and we could set up an area downstairs for that. "

Anyone have a USB DAC they could bring that can play 24/96 files? I have one but I'm not sure I'll be able to make the meet.

Jeff

I plan on going and have a couple USB 24/96 DACs I could bring.

Cool. Bring 'em. Dennis Green will be there and wants to play the masters from the John Hill Quartet/Quintet sessions. I'm sure Steve has a laptop we can borrow to plug into the DAC. And Dennis will bring a usb drive with the files.

Thanks. I hope I can make it but things are busy for me in December.

I'm out too unfortunately.

Welp, I hope someone shows up to the meet.:)

I remember one year David Michael Audio had the meet in January. I think it snowed 8-10" that day. A good 6" before the meet. There were over 30 people that showed up. Can't keep SMACers home on Saturday afternoons.

Enjoy the tunes boys and girls.

I'm going to pass too as I just spent almost an hour driving home from Livonia on these unplowed freeways. It's messy out there.
I remember that meet at David Michaels too. Messy but a lot closer. In my almost two hours of driving today I saw one salt truck and zero plows. Not a lot of snow but enough to make the roads quite treacherous; lots of sliding and accidents. I saw at least 4.

You guys have a good time

Last edited:
Steve says 5-6 SMACers showed to the meet anyway and he had about the same number of other friends there - so about 10-12 people. Not bad for a snowy day in December. Definitely good listening.

Steve,

Thanks for the nice meet!

Your stereo sounds incredible by the way. Hope you get your turntable fixed.

For those that didn't make it, yes the roads were awful. I almost bought it on the way home. I slid down a hill and almost through an intersection. The pucker factor was in the red zone for a moment.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Sorry all! I became a total whinny and bailed on trusting the old Cooper to get me there and back...

Happy Holidays and (warm OTL and other class A) Listening! :beatnik:

I too stayed home for the whiney reason of having a car that is notoriously bad in snow. Steve's got a fun system and I'm sure a good time was had by those brave enough to challenge Mother Nature!

Next time ...

Steve says 5-6 SMACers showed to the meet anyway and he had about the same number of other friends there - so about 10-12 people. Not bad for a snowy day in December. Definitely good listening.

That's right! "When the going gets tough....."

Steve, Thanx for your hospitality and the great chilli. If I knew about the tablesaw in the back, I would have brought a couple of projects. :) Your stereo sounds better that ever!

Last edited:
Sorry all! I became a total whinny and bailed on trusting the old Cooper to get me there and back...

Happy Holidays and (warm OTL and other class A) Listening! :beatnik:

LOL; the last time I followed your coop through a snowy parking lot was ............... well your not a whinny I'd have that lil sled parked all winter.

Back
Top Bottom