SMAC January 2012

Thanks to everyone who took the time to stop by our facility yesterday. It was great to see our hard-working team get to demonstrate their expertise and spend a little time in the spotlight. Hopefully everyone had a good time and gained a little insight into the effort involved in bringing speakers to life.

Thanks for the great time.

- Jim

Thank you Jim for hosting SMAC. Thanks too to Mary, John, and the rest of the crew for taking the time to explain some of the process you folks go through to produce speakers and a music server system. It was great to get an up close and personal look at how this business operates.

Glad I stayed to hear the SoundScape speakers - very impressive.

You guys are the best!

Jeff

Last edited:
Jim and Mary, thanks for opening up your manufacturing facility and being gracious host. The time spent talking to Jim and his employees was informative and appreciated. It was a rare treat to meet employees (dare say artist) who take pride in their work and craft.

I am sorry to have missed this one! Thanks for the great pics - looks like everybody had a great time!

(Maybe I'll wander over there one day ... )

Someone wanted to know the drum piece that was played with the large Soundscapes first and the tune came from this album, track 10:

http://www.amazon.com/Bamba--Zone-P...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1327250944&sr=1-2

Pete:

What's the story on those little guys Jim played first. The bass they produced was astounding given their size!! they sounded great for newborns (2 days old!!)

attachment.php

I agree Andy, I kept looking for a sub!!! As a listener, I think they have a real winner on their hands. As a business man, I'm not sure the market would bare the cost of quality Sulk adds for something that small.

It was a customer request to build this type of speaker and it turned out pretty good. So it may or may not make it into the line up. I know I want a pair!!

Pete:

What's the story on those little guys Jim played first. The bass they produced was astounding given their size!! they sounded great for newborns (2 days old!!)

attachment.php

Truly great experience.

Jim and the team are definitely talented, and there shop was great to visit an see
all the incredible woodwork, all the crossovers and staging areas, thank you for an
gracious welcome into your workplace.

As always top notch..:thmbsp:

I really liked the big guy's with there outside the cabinet tunable passive radiators.

Just to add my note of thanks to jim, Mary, John and Luis. Both for hosting this get-together but also for crafting my speakers. Had a great time!

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

e8e2972e.jpg

06f2e621.jpg

81880ca5.jpg

0f6bd14d.jpg

As many others have already revealed, this was an extraordinary opportunity thanks to all the kind folks at Salk Sound. This was another don't miss meeting for sure.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

Last edited:
This was a real good day at Salk Signature Sound. It was good to meet the Salk people and the SMAC people and the Salk speakers. The time went by so fast!

Hi, newbie here. I saw Jim Salk's announcement invite on the Salk thread on AVS which had no specifics, awide open 1-6 openhouse. It mentioned SMAC, which I'm interested in joining. I'm wondering if there specific club activities planned at certain times tomorrow? See ya there!

Hey, did anyone see Soundz? I kept looking for him but never spotted the Z. Name-tags and everything! Any snapshots of the mystery guy? :scratch2:

Hey, did anyone see Soundz? I kept looking for him but never spotted the Z. Name-tags and everything! Any snapshots of the mystery guy? :scratch2:

Yep, he's the 3rd guy in the front set of heads in my first picture sitting next to Chris C. Bob's growing out of his head..:lmao:

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom