SMAC July Meeting

maybe bring cables. glad to see you're close to the border

Yep, not too far. Depending on traffic I am maybe 20 minutes from the tunnel. Few minutes farther from the bridge.

Yep, not too far. Depending on traffic I am maybe 20 minutes from the tunnel. Few minutes farther from the bridge.
cool - google maps seems to think it's faster to cross in sarnia than windsor....common sense tends to agree....does that agree with your experience?

cool - google maps seems to think it's faster to cross in sarnia than windsor....common sense tends to agree....does that agree with your experience?

Given the angle of the highways, the Sarnia route is indeed shorter. It also avoids dealing with the downtown freeways. I-94 W to I-696 W will get you to Casa Grumpy. Plus, our speed limits are higher. ;)

But as with any border crossing, if there is a delay on the bridge or at customs, that could throw timing off.

Coming from Toronto, the 402 is absolutely the way to go. Get on the 402 as soon as you are able. Then straight for the border. The Sarnia crossing is usually much less volatile than either of the Windsor crossings.

Wow! A second Canadian that is not my wife! (She won't be there, by the way. She has friends coming in to visit.)

Coming from Toronto, the 402 is absolutely the way to go. Get on the 402 as soon as you are able. Then straight for the border. The Sarnia crossing is usually much less volatile than either of the Windsor crossings.

Wow! A second Canadian that is not my wife! (She won't be there, by the way. She has friends coming in to visit.)
awesome - i have a friend who might come along too, we'll see if his woman allows him.

we should coordinate who brings the ketchup chips and who gets the KD.

Still can't get the damn email for SMAC members even after joining the whole Google thingy...
Oops! or did somebody suspend my lifetime membership, or am I perhaps on double secret probation and nobody is going to tell me? :D
Well, I hope to see you all on Saturday!

Still can't get the damn email for SMAC members even after joining the whole Google thingy...
Did you check your settings to receive the email notifications? I'm thinking that, or mail is getting trapped in a spam filter somewhere.

Oops! or did somebody suspend my lifetime membership, or am I perhaps on double secret probation and nobody is going to tell me? :D
Well, I hope to see you all on Saturday!

Hope you can make it Rob.

SMAC hosts a meeting once a month. Just drop Jeff a note to get on the email list. Oh, an 3 days and counting :)

2 days and counting notice:

Only a couple more days till we gather. I even have a couple extra free swap tables if you need one. Right now they are first come, first serve, unless you write me a head of time. Hope to see you folks soon. Oh, and come mighty hungry. We will have tons of chow starting around 2. The gathering starts at 1.

I understand wanting to get here early to set up your tables but please, not much earlier than 12:45 ish. Thanks and see you all soon !

Oh, and my new Preamp is in so if time allows we may be able to listen. :)

Last edited:
awesome - all the pieces are coming together - i have a cooler for beer, lotsa new tunes in the car, preloaded michigan into my phone's google map cache, setup a roaming package....now let's hope the passport office comes through

Have fun, y'all! Remember too--what happens at Grumpy's, stays at Grumpy's. :D

We're unfortunately out of town this weekend--we've had this planned for a while. In the event anything changes, though, I'll drop by for a bit.

Have fun, y'all! Remember too--what happens at Grumpy's, stays at Grumpy's. :D

We're unfortunately out of town this weekend--we've had this planned for a while. In the event anything changes, though, I'll drop by for a bit.

Bummer, Was hoping to see you again. We will just have to plan something else when you get a free minute.

See everyone tomorrow !

Bummer, Was hoping to see you again. We will just have to plan something else when you get a free minute.

Definitely disappointed myself--I never got a chance to check out your system completely the last time I was over. We'll have to plan something this autumn once the busy summer has passed. :) I can do something here once I get the family room in order and the good speakers in place.

Today's the big day. Wifes been up since 4am, canopy are up, porks in the smoker. See you all soon !

Back
Top Bottom