SMAC July Meeting

Discussion in 'SMAC Forum' started by Grumpy, Jun 28, 2016.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

It was a great meet as usual. Dave and Nancy - thanks for hosting.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jn229

jn229 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for hosting S.M.A.C. Dave, you and your wife Nancy are wonderful host, had a really nice time. Still have no idea how such a congenial man got the nic-name GRUMPY.

4-2-7 likes this.
  3. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Aggie! Staff Member Admin Subscriber

thanks for another great meet, Dave and Nancy. It's always nice to catch up with friends at a SMAC meet, and top make a new one, especially one from my side of the border. I hope you had a good time, Jon.

4-2-7 likes this.
  4. woofmytweets

woofmytweets Super Member

oh, i did indeed - it was a bear of a drive going home, filled with pulled pork and homemade cookies. i think the next time i come down your way, i will certainly get a room for the night, rather than try to drive home....but well worth the drive, i had a number of interesting discussions with some of our members - although i didn't get everyone's name or AK username....nametags might have been a good idea.

5. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

I'm glad your are starting to make new friends here as you wanted to do, that's what AK is all about.

6. 313guy

313guy extra ordinary member Subscriber

A great time indeed.
    Nice mix of old friends and new faces.
    Thanks for the hospitality Mr. and Ms. Grumpy!

@woofmytweets
    Glad to hear you made it home after. When I told 313gal there was someone from Toronto at Grumpy's her comment was, "I hope he got a room." That's a lot of kilometers in one day with a SMAC meet in the middle.

7. woofmytweets

woofmytweets Super Member

thanks - started getting noticeably tired when i got to London.....was a tough drive back for sure. next time around, i will definitely wake up to a continental breakfast and then drive home in the sunshine. Luckily, i had my Monty Python: total rubbish Disc with all their albums compressed to mp3 - otherwise i would have surely wound up in the ditch.

8. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

So glad everyone had a great time. I really enjoyed seeing the old gang again. Definitely don't see them enough !

Dave

9. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Sorry, I forgot to snap pictures. Every time I turned around there was a friend to chat with. Never enough time..

The wife snapped a couple of pics. Sorry its not more. Oh and the Sign is sort of funny. There was so much gear for sale folks kept stopping thinking it was a garage sale. Them bums would try to mooch food too LOL

Dave

13775576_1057217347647250_8865276861230056482_n.jpg 13631436_1057217300980588_8535637336723592342_n.jpg 13680858_1057217380980580_1298656573249914869_n.jpg 13726554_1057217320980586_942605663282365706_n.jpg 13731591_1057217287647256_4756790420834957711_n.jpg

10. djnagle

djnagle Lunatic Member

Sorry I missed it. Laid up in bed all weekend. Glad you all had a good time.

11. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

That is funny, had to beat back the flippers from grabbing a pork samich...:p

12. Grumpy

Yup, Pork samich from da jews house LOL

Wildcat and 4-2-7 like this.
  13. Grumpy

We missed ya Dennis. And to think, this was the year I was finally gonna work something out with you on them dam Infinity LOL

14. djnagle

djnagle Lunatic Member

Too funny Dave. Sounds like you all had a good time.

15. mrwasabihead

mrwasabihead No, it's not your heart..

Please forgive my delay in thanking everyone at July's SMAC gathering! I had a great time during the unfortunately short time I was able to stay.
    It was great meeting Dave, Dave Dave, Dave, Dave and Mike, just to name a few of the kind folks that made my friend Brand and I feel so welcomed.
    I'll definitely see you all again and hopefully soon. I wish I had known that there was going to be a swap as I, like many of you, have more audio and audio related stuff than is (..ahem!) "normal"!
    Dave (Ann Arbor, Dave) I seem to have misplaced your number, please forgive. Should you see this shoot me a P.M. I'd be great to meet up with ya sometime here in town.
    "Grumpy": Thanks again for your hospitality and kindness.
    See you soon everyone!
    -Mark>
    AAVA

olson_jr likes this.