SMAC June 2012

jmathers

The June SMAC meet will be held on Saturday, June 30th from 1pm-whenever at Ed's place. See my email for details.

We will need components to assemble a system. Please post here in THIS thread if you have something that you'd like to bring.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Jeff

I can bring speakers and can offer one set of the following:

The Klipsch KG 3.5s I have up in BT
Polk Monitor 10s
Epicure Model 10s
ADS L810s (another maybe..)

and/or whatever I run across before then...:D

If needed I can bring a Sony universal player with SACD capabilities or if we can work out a Pony Express from AA, a Denon DVD player with HDCD capabilites

Last edited:
I can bring my newest speaker system that was supposed to be at AK fest but were not finished. I ended up using a pro audio woofer (Daton series 2) with many heavy coats of "Flex seal" on the cone for added mass and high-mid frequency damping (yes I certainly do not believe in "fast woofers") loading into a short transmission line ending with a 12" passive with 2.25 lbs of mass. This is supposed to be a system to beat my "Gold cones" I want to know what ya'all think.

I can bring my GM70 SET amp. Now that I have stepped up, I am forced to finish it.

If someone can bring a pair of acoustic panels it would be appreciated. I will also try to DIY some for the meet.

The dining room will be converted to listening room duty for us. Two walls are brick and the others drywall with one pair of glass doors.

I can bring my Bob Latino amp, Pas 3 pre that Keg worked on and a set of fine silver wire interconnects. Issue 1) The pre's RCA jacks are very tight so only the thinnest of RCA jacks work. Issue 2) I don't usually stay to the bitter end so possibly someone could facilitate helping me get the stuff back either after the meet or if I could pick the stuff up Sunday that would also work.

OK not a lot of action going on here....I can bring my Thorens turntable with Sumico Blue Point cartridge and/or Marantz CD recorder/player. How are you doing out there Supreme Leader Jeff .????

Wow, the overwhelming response to this thread makes one wonder about SMACers these days. Not a comment, offer of gear or smart remark since Bob's. Is this really going to be a Dave, Bob and Bacon show? Cummon boys, step up. At least pretend to have some interest.

Cough, cough...
First one in...:D

Sold some spikkers so the list is dwindling, but WTF, it is 4 weeks out yet, so there's plenty of time to figure this out.

There's been at least as much activity here as there was in the SMAC AKFest thread. We'll be fine.

My deck already has tunes and I expect that's where most of us will hang out.

For the listening room we already have some stuff. A friend is bringing DIY ProAc 2.5 clones. Dennis is bringing amps. We still need a signal source and preamp and of course more speakers and amps are always welcome.

I also have a shop with a signal generator, multimeter, and 100MHz oscilloscope. If someone has a project that they need help with then feel free to bring it over. Hopefully someone will be able to help and the project will leave here a little better than when it arrived.

I would like to measure my amp while there. By the time I get it done, it will only have a handful of hours on it. Also it has a volume pot on it, so technically it does not need a pre amp. I can bring my pre if I ever figure out what is wrong with it.

I would like to measure my amp while there. By the time I get it done, it will only have a handful of hours on it. Also it has a volume pot on it, so technically it does not need a pre amp. I can bring my pre if I ever figure out what is wrong with it.

dj,

Do you have a load for measuring your amp?

My Sumico is a moving coil so a phono preamp would be needed to go with Nagle amp. I can bring a Apt Holman preamp but it is....dare I say it....solid state.

Back
Top Bottom