SMAC June 2013

The Gig Is Still On

The jazz gig will go rain or shine.

My original plan was to set up the gig outside on our deck, weather permitting. If it rained, I'd have to call off the concert. The weather Saturday is not looking promising. I'd hate to call this off, so I've decided to move the gig inside (one way or another). :thmbsp:

Jim

I'd hate to call this off, so I've decided to move the gig inside (one way or another). :thmbsp:

Jim

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows!

220px-Lookoutwiki.JPG

I was just thinking that the Basement might provide Shelter from the Storm, and personally I would rather deal with Buckets of Rain than Blood on the Tracks, but as long as there is no Idiot Wind Saturday afternoon we should not end up Tangled Up in Blue...unless there is a Simple Twist of Fate!

:scratch2:

I was just thinking that the Basement might provide Shelter from the Storm, and personally I would rather deal with Buckets of Rain than Blood on the Tracks, but as long as there is no Idiot Wind Saturday afternoon we should not end up Tangled Up in Blue...unless there is a Simple Twist of Fate!

:scratch2:

Guys. Don't Rain On My Parade.

Hopefully this week's meet isn't just the story of the Hurricane.
I won't be there. Heading to the cabin with the Girl from North Country to play some euchre with Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts.

What a fantastic day! Wow! The jazz band smoked, the company was great and the drinks were flowing. One of the best SMAC days ever. Thanks Jim for hosting and thanks to all for arranging the jazz gig. This was some seriously good music.

Cheers.

Geez, looks like I missed another goodie!!

We had planned to attend a family grad party today, but had to cancel that too as our new houseguest is demanding most of our attention these days...

attachment.php

Attachments

• appa.jpg
    appa.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Yep, but it's just sort of temporary.

He's a 13 week old 25 #German Shepherd pup that belongs to my daughter in Chicago. She had some roommate issues with him as he's a nipper, so he's staying with us until she gets stuff ironed out. Apparently we are lucky to have him during the doggie version of the Terrible Twos...:yikes:

He's gonna be a big dog too as he's got some whoppers for paws...

What a fantastic day! Wow! The jazz band smoked, the company was great and the drinks were flowing. One of the best SMAC days ever. Thanks Jim for hosting and thanks to all for arranging the jazz gig. This was some seriously good music.

Yes!

After much hard work, Jim's lifelong dream of wisecracking before a live jazz show finally comes to fruition!

IMG_4846_zpsd1aa4037.jpg

"A blind detective and his seeing eye duck walk into a bar....."

IMG_4845_zps9f35f5fc.jpg

After much hard work, Jim's lifelong dream of wisecracking before a live jazz show finally comes to fruition!

IMG_4846_zpsd1aa4037.jpg

"A blind detective and his seeing eye duck walk into a bar....."

IMG_4845_zps9f35f5fc.jpg

You saw right through that, eh? Guilty as charged. Did you hear the one about the guy that sits down at the bar and this little guy perched on his shoulder runs down and...

Thanks to everyone who came out, braving the storm that never was, to support the gig. The performers really enjoyed playing in front of such a knowledgable and appreciative audience.

Jim, that was the best SMAC meet I've ever attended. The band really really rocked. That so much for putting that together. You must be very proud of your son.

Dennis,That was my son,& yes I'm very proud.Many thanks to Jim,and all connected to making this great event take place.It's a real treat to see live music in a home setting where people are paying attention.I would love to see more of these types of events at future SMAC meets.

Back
Top Bottom