SMAC March 2015

jmathers

The March SMAC meeting will be held at Bob's place in Toledo on Saturday, March 21st. Space has been filled at this time. Please contact Bob (see my email) for details.
:banana::banana::banana:

I dunno. I didn't and Keg said he didn't either. I know John was looking for riders, so I think he may have went....:dunno:

Be nice to get a little more detail. Strengths? Weaknesses? I forgot the system components but remember a turntable. What was the phono stage? Cartridge? What about digital? Any comparison between the two? Speakers must have been very efficient. How did they sound? Would you buy his system?

Be nice to get a little more detail. Strengths? Weaknesses? I forgot the system components but remember a turntable. What was the phono stage? Cartridge? What about digital? Any comparison between the two? Speakers must have been very efficient. How did they sound? Would you buy his system?

I think there is something in the air in Michigan today or maybe a full moon! :yes:

He has a cobbled together system and one that you could not buy. His own home brew amp with Triangle Titus 202 for the top and mid, not sure what the bass speaker was (it was built in Toledo though). It sounded very nice but the big thing was his collection of vinyl which Rob was very jealous of (not really, envious maybe :D ). It was a Linn LP-12 with a 10 yr old cartridge (not sure the type).

Thanks for more detail. My question about "buying" it was facetious. Although there are many SMAC systems I've heard that, if I could, I would buy. I like Bob's DIY amps in general as long as they are matched with an appropriate speaker. I had no idea Bob was a big vinyl collector.

Back
Top Bottom