SMAC May 2008

jmathers

Folks:

The May SMAC meet will be Saturday, May 24 from 1pm-6pm at Jim Elmslie’s place. See my email for specifics.

I’d also like to welcome, with many thanks to AKFest 2008 (mucho thanks Grumpy!!!), twenty-three new members to the group. That puts us over 100 members (and growing). I’m excited by this since at the least it means we are pretty much guaranteed a host for any given month. We welcome you new folks to SMAC.

We need hosts for the summer months – specifically June and July. Please contact me if you’re thinking about hosting. I imagine – though nothing in stone yet – that we’ll have our annual party in August. I usually have this at my place, but would welcome other ideas, particularly since we’ve grown quite abit in the past year. Any ideas???

Hope to see you at the May meet – should be interesting as usual.
Jeff

You know there's no rule AGAINST discussing the upcoming event here:yes: Jim has an impressive system - although you can't impress the DIYers here if you don't build something yourself ...hey, you can't please everyone:smoke: I'll post the May system here so everyone else can drool:D

SME 30 with V and Jan Allerats MC-1B
AMR CD-77
CTC Blowtorch preamp with Vendetta phono
Atma-sphere MA-1 Mk lll (also JC-1 monoblocks)
Sound Lab M-1
All wire/conditioning is TG Audio, except digital pwr. cord

For obvious reasons...I won't post Jim's address:nono:

AND it appears that we have a June host...thanks Dennis.

How's about July?

AND AGAIN, any ideas for the summer party in August would be much appreciated. I'd like to move the location to somewhere LARGER. There's a few parks in Royal Oak...with electric believe it or not. But help would be appreciated in scouting a spot.

Cheers
Jeff

You've done a helluva a job with this Jeff, A guy from work was searching Flicr/Royal Oak and came across a picture of me & Tom at your house. A park may be the ticket with this many people as it's grown by leaps and bounds.
Let me know if I can help any for the logistics.
Steve

I think we’re in for a treat at Jim’s. I’ve heard pretty much everything on his system list, and it’s indeed all fantastic gear. Having an idea of his attention to detail, I figure it’ll be pretty mind-blowing.

Sorry I'm going to miss this one also. I work a handfull of Saturday's a year, thats two meeting in a row.

You and NOSValves! Our two regular Flint members, and they can't make a Flint meet. WTF? You could always just quit:D

We will miss you:yes:

Especially as we play those new Blue Note 45s through the Jan Allaerts, the SME 30, etc....and the SoundLab M1s. Smokin':smoke:

See you at the next one in June.

Jeff

New guy here wanting to attend my first meeting. Got the e-mail and I want to know whether it's crucial to get there right at 1:00. I have to drop the kid off at grandma's house and not sure if I can get there on time.

Thanks,
Jeff

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Mark my words,
WoW! this meet with Jim and his Hifi from the looks of it, will be a rare event indeed! I will be pack'in some tasty vinyls to spin on this one... The OTL's I know all too well, but the rest of his kit will send me back to rock and roll high school for an edumacation, I'm sure!!!

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Sorry I'm going to miss this one also. I work a handfull of Saturday's a year, thats two meeting in a row.

C'mon Punker,

What the hell?
all work and no play makes "X" a...
well I don't know, but anyway, you get my point.
Just take care of your stuff, some how, and show up.
Dude?!
Friends don't let friends miss SMAC meets.

He,he,he!

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

Hi All, I am looking forward to this month's meet but in prep for the June meet at my place, I only have a crappy cd player and no TT, so if anyone wants to bring there cd or tt, I'd welcome that. I need to hear the diff so I can make a decision to buy a new cd. Cheers. p.s., I just got one of my EV SP-15s reconed and it now sounds better than the other one.

Hey DJN! I'd be happy to bring along some gear. Newman and I could bring a TT, phono preamp, and digital rig. Let us know, we'd be happy to help. Any chance you want us to bring an amp or two? Careful with the SMAC club, tho, any hint that there will be gear rolling and you're living room will be full of DIY tube gear faster than you can turn around!

Hi Squidward, bring it all. Sounds like a ball. Will you be at the May meeting? If so, we can talk then. Hopefully, I'll have three systems up and running by the June meet. Cheers.

I am going to try to make the may meet if life does not throw me any more curve balls.

A very interesting system to be heard for sure !

Garage sale, smarage sale! When do you get to hear a Blowtorch? Never. Put her out by the garage and go up to the store for awhile....say you need change:D

Seriously, no problem, Jeff...we'll see you at the next one.

Jeff

Folks:

Don't forget the May SMAC meet is THIS Saturday, May 24th from 1pm-6pm.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible:banana:

Jeff

So far its a go for me. Cannot wait to hear robs vinyl on this rig. :)

Back
Top Bottom