SMAC May 2011

All work and no play makes eh…………….wait!! I got Saturday off this week and can play at a S.M.A.C meet.:banana: I have a pair of rebuilt Dynaco A-50s, true vintage art. If I can figure a way to get them through customs I'll drag them along. Cannot wait!

All work and no play makes eh…………….wait!! I got Saturday off this week and can play at a S.M.A.C meet.:banana: I have a pair of rebuilt Dynaco A-50s, true vintage art. If I can figure a way to get them through customs I'll drag them along. Cannot wait!

Fantastic Jim. Looking forward to seeing you.

Rumor has it that an Eico HF-86, very much modified by Bob McIntyre, will be on hand.

I can drag some more stuff out of the closet if needed. See, Olson, I have a crapstack too.

Looks like we've got amps covered pretty well. Tubino, hope the rumor is true.

Jim, the A50's should work great with some of the amps lined up.

Dave, the Keggerized PAS-3 will also fit in well. Wow, we might recreate history with a nearly all Dyna rig.

I'll post an updated list later today.

Jim

Hi folks! New SMAC member here. Barring any catastrophe I will be at the Saturday meeting, and really look forward to meeting some fellow audio nuts, and hearing some of these fine systems posted on these forums.

I would like to bring my open baffles, but alas, they will not fit in my jalopy (Monte Carlo). So unless the wife will give up her Jeep for the day, my options are limited on what I can bring. Sounds like amps are covered.

So here's what I have . . . if there's any interest in something, I'll bring it/them:

MiniWatt N3
Music Hall DAC 25.3
Crown PS-400 (80's pro amp)

Looking forward to Saturday!

I can drag some more stuff out of the closet if needed. See, Olson, I have a crapstack too.

Jim

It is supposed to be a pretty nice day do you want me to drag over a set of speakers to set up on the deck? You know, for those of us that already know that all amplifiers sound the same and just come to these meets for the tunes?

Any interest in my Soundcraftsmen EQ? You know, just to tame Olson's speakers on the deck? I know they were scoffed at at the AKFest. (Not actively, it was passive scoffing.):D

Any interest in my Soundcraftsmen EQ? You know, just to tame Olson's speakers on the deck? I know they were scoffed at at the AKFest. (Not actively, it was passive scoffing.):D

Will you be wearing a college sweatshirt Saturday, or should I just look for someone carrying a Soundcraftsmen EQ and some Stooges LP's?

It is supposed to be a pretty nice day do you want me to drag over a set of speakers to set up on the deck? You know, for those of us that already know that all amplifiers sound the same and just come to these meets for the tunes?

Dave, sounds good. You thinking of the Klipsch's? I have a Marantz 2270 that might make a good match. You know how that Marantz stuff is. All 2270's sound alike.

Dave, sounds good. You thinking of the Klipsch's? I have a Marantz 2270 that might make a good match. You know how that Marantz stuff is. All 2270's sound alike.

Actually I was thinking about the PSB 6T's, but I will bring whatever you want to scoff at! (no ATC's though)

Here’s where we stand as of Friday, May 20, 2011 at 9:30

Main System
Sources
Analog: Thorens TD 160 (AT cartridge, though I can’t recall which one; it’s red)
CD: Cambridge Audio 840, Njoe Tjoeb CDP

Preamp
Tube: Dyna PAS3
SS: Superphon Dual Revelation Basic

Amp
Tube: Eico HF-86
Hybrid: Moscode 300
SS: Superphon SA120 Signature (which has not seen power for sometime)

Speakers
Dyna A50
Spica TC 50i
Mission 772
Ohm F

Deck System
Source

Amp
Marantz 2270

Speakers
PSB 6T (might need some cables if you have some in reserve. Blue Heaven should suffuce)

Might be tough to move a DAC into the system though Olson’s 840 might handle it.

Am I forgetting anything. Still room to add to stuff.

Will you be wearing a college sweatshirt Saturday, or should I just look for someone carrying a Soundcraftsmen EQ and some Stooges LP's?

Probably not a sweatshirt, a college t-shirt is more in season.
I will probably skip the EQ, since it got no sincere, "Oh yeah, bring it!!" responses.
I only have the first 3 stooges LP's, but I can bring some Iggy solo stuff and maybe some more vinyls for your enjoyment.:yes:
Will there be a TT outside? A deck deck as it were?

Probably not a sweatshirt, a college t-shirt is more in season.
I will probably skip the EQ, since it got no sincere, "Oh yeah, bring it!!" responses.
I only have the first 3 stooges LP's, but I can bring some Iggy solo stuff and maybe some more vinyls for your enjoyment.:yes:
Will there be a TT outside? A deck deck as it were?

An honest to goodness deck. No TT scheduled so far.

Amp
Marantz 2270

Speakers
PSB 6T (might need some cables if you have some in reserve. Blue Heaven should suffuce)

Might be tough to move a DAC into the system though Olson’s 840 might handle it.

The 840 has a built in DAC, with optical and RCA Digital inputs, if someone wants to run a computer source into it, I assume that is the question.

Speaking of questions, does that 2270 have female banana's to connect Blue Heaven Speaker Cables?:no: I thought not:scratch2:

Hey, I saw a set of really nice looking set of Realistic Mach One's today I could snag and bring along.

Just keep Newman and the lighter fluid away from them :yes: :D

The 840 has a built in DAC, with optical and RCA Digital inputs, if someone wants to run a computer source into it, I assume that is the question.

Speaking of questions, does that 2270 have female banana's to connect Blue Heaven Speaker Cables?:no: I thought not:scratch2:

Nope. Got the real deal with those spring clip thingees.

Getting a bad hum out of the Thorens. I'll see if I can patch it up by tomorrow.

That Superphon powered fine except every time the 'fridge turns on the volume goes up and the TV switches to the Oprah channel.

It's driving the Missions and isn't half bad.

I can bring the DenonTT I got from the Grumpy Collection Auction if you need it. It could pull service on the deck if you get the Thorens tamed.

Last edited:
I can bring the DenonTT I got from the Grumpy Collection Auction if you need it. It could pull service on the deck if you get the Thorens tamed.

Thanks. I've got another TT that I could press into service, but the Denon seems to be a hit where ever it shows up.:yes:

Mowed the grass this evening ... maybe I can come out and play for a bit tomorrow! :)

Back
Top Bottom