SMAC May 2011

Actually, I can't make this one after all. :(

Have a brew for me!

Kegger has you covered:
DSCN0042.JPG

Thanks to Jim for opening his home to the group. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I wanted to make it home before the world ended.:D
I wish I had taken more pics, too.
One of the systems where nobody played the records I brought:
DSCN0041.JPG

Mike helps Jim hook up another turntable to not play my records. I think Mike is looking for the antenna. Dude, it's not a tuner.
DSCN0043.JPG

Some of the usual suspects enjoying the uncharacteristically nice day. You can see Jim's zip code is E-I-E-I-O. My GPS warned me there were going to be unpaved roads. Is that so unusual nowadays?
DSCN0046.JPG

Thanks again Jim and Co. for a fine afternoon. Great way to end the ...week.

Thanks for a great time Jim. Great meet, sounds, drink, and a beautiful day. Everything seems much better when we are freezing out ass' off.

Thanks for the good time Jim. As usual, it was a pleasure meeting up with good friends whilst drinking some brewskis and listening to music. You were a splendid host. The dead cod fish ale was excellent. ;)

Last edited:
Great time, those ZUs sounded mighty good. Well, so did the .... and the.... and the .... Shit, it all sounded good.
Dave

Thanks Jim, the meet had a nice sense of romance, with detail, warm under tones and great dynamics. That's audio slang for an excllent gathering (-:

Nice seeing everyone!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, as a first time visitor to a SMAC get together; I must say . . . pretty impressive. The atmosphere was relaxed, the beverages tasty, and our host a gentleman and a scholar :D. Thanks Jim!

Oh, and there was some audio equipment there too :tongue:

The Zus' were sounding pretty sweeeet . . .

Thanks for hosting Jim. The deck system was sounding pretty sweet. I can't think of a better way to spend a nice spring day. We appreciate all the effort that you put into this gathering - lots of equipment swapping. I don't know many folks who would be willing to tear down their current turntable setup and reset it so that the secondary system could have a working player. I say that's above and beyond the call of duty. Kudos to you!

Jeff

Thanks to everyone who came, brought refreshments, snacks, music, equipment , took pictures, helped hook up equipment and made yesterday's meet one heck of a good time. I think there's enough deposit laying around that I can put my younger daughter through college. Olson, thanks setting up the deck system. Who would have thought a week ago that we would be able to enjoy some tunes outside? Jim, thanks for lugging those big A50's. Kegger, Chris and Bob, the amps were outstanding. Rob, thanks for the DJ work. Tom, we'll get to your records next time. Our extended evening session with the 5 watt compactron (aka TVT amp) was great.

Thanks again everyone!
:tresbon:

Hey, I'll see if we can get some Olde Frothingslosh for the next one..:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• oldef.jpg
    oldef.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 64
Great great meet Jim, yep another extended listening session, the little SE amps
on those "new" Zu speakers are a killer match, I wish I had those there speakers.

Thank you for hosting such an excellent event..:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom