SMAC October 2013

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Sadly, I'll have to miss this one. Have fun guys.

Not so sad, the Gulf coast is beautiful and I'm having that peaceful easy feeling...

Happy (X) Listening! :beatnik:

Wow, two SACD players in the house and no VinylRob. Looks like we common folk with SACD's finally might be get a chance to ...(comment removed by OP as to not PO Zoe in foreign Domicile)

Hope your having a great vacation Rob! :D

Last edited:

Ha, ha, ha

Well, you'll have to fend for yourself Olson and company. No dusty 'Ol disc jockey leaving the rest to relax or carry on with the usual monkey business.

Don't hurt yourselves now but, no vinyl and no Manhattans... simply primitive IMHO.

You kids go and have fun with those modern, new fangled silver disc, laser contraptions.

Happy (vinyl-less) Listening! :beatnik:

Plenty of vinyl in this house. Currently 3 active turntables in use. Two downstairs and one upstairs. There's also an SACD player in the garage.

Got an update from Craig last night. The Tannoys will not be making the trip. Instead some ported LaScala bass bins, with track horns on the top. BMS drivers, maybe.. not much LaScala left to them..

I'll bring my pristine Ronco Chrimas album with the nativity sceen as a pop up on the cover.

I don't suppose anyone that's coming tomorrow has a spare IEC power jack they'd like to sell me? I'd rather not pay for shipping from PE for just a couple of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=090-442&scqty=3

I've already made the cutout so the dimensions need to be the same as this one. If you have one, let me know or just bring it out to the meet. See you there.

Thanks.

HOW did you make the cutout? I'd like to change to an IEC connector on a couple of hard-wired components but the chassis punches I've seen are prohibitively expensive.

Easy when you're dealing with wood.:D See pic.

Sorry no punches at my place. I agree..."prohibitively expensive" is right.

I've seen some folks just Dremel those out. It can be pretty neat if you take your time.

Jeff

Attachments

• 2013-10-25_16-28-18_946.jpg
    2013-10-25_16-28-18_946.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 14
I don't suppose anyone that's coming tomorrow has a spare IEC power jack they'd like to sell me? I'd rather not pay for shipping from PE for just a couple of these:

Thanks.

Let me see what I've got kicking around here in old computer power supplies...

Easy when you're dealing with wood.:D See pic.

Sorry no punches at my place. I agree..."prohibitively expensive" is right.

I've seen some folks just Dremel those out. It can be pretty neat if you take your time.

Jeff

Very nice looking deck, my friend. Looks like we'll have to get that Woody tonearm sent out...

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

Plenty of vinyl in this house. Currently 3 active turntables in use. Two downstairs and one upstairs. There's also an SACD player in the garage.

Got an update from Craig last night. The Tannoys will not be making the trip. Instead some ported LaScala bass bins, with track horns on the top. BMS drivers, maybe.. not much LaScala left to them..

Nice, I think I sold those to him, excited to see how they turned out.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=090-442&scqty=3

I've already made the cutout so the dimensions need to be the same as this one. If you have one, let me know or just bring it out to the meet. See you there.

Thanks.

Had some just like that, but recently used the last one and haven't reordered yet. I do have some with built in RFI filters you would be welcome to. They should fit the same hole, they are pretty standard.

Back
Top Bottom