SMAC turns ten.

Pics! We need Pics!

Funny, 30 guys with cameras in their pockets and no pictures.

Olson, thanks for hosting this event for the ages. What stories we'll all have for the grand kids! Thanks also goes out to that generous group of contributors who made the food possible. It's all true, armies and audio clubs march on their stomachs. Here's to another great 10 years. Bravo Jeff.

Jim, thanks goes out to you for all the effort on the food!

Funny, 30 guys with cameras in their pockets and no pictures.

Yep, my thoughts exactly and guilty as charged!! :D

Thanks to Dave and all who pitched in to help with this meet as it was a great time. Good people, food, music, and even weather made it a memorable meet.

And thanks for the opportunity for me to test/demo those Burhoe Silent Speakers in the garage. I was glad to hear them in a better setting and they seemed to go over very well.

BTW, what model are the ATC's in the main rig? Kegger was quite taken with them and we talked a lot about them on the way home.

Thanks again!!

Jeff, Happy Aniversary! "There's No Success Without U"..... Dave, Thanx for hosting. What a wonderful home with great vibes... SMAC brethren, Thanx for keeping me company on a beautiful, fall afternoon! Happy 10th to all y'all.

Last edited:
it was my daughter's 2nd birthday so I could not attend... It can be the 10th anniversary all year right? :)

SMAC turns Ten!

I just noticed that Jeff has not posted anything about SMAC's tenth anniversary so I thought I would throw few words together. BTW I am a lowly introverted technologist, not a writer, so please forgive my bumbling wordsmith in advance.

Jeff started SMAC with a meet at his house in September of 2005. He once told me that he had no idea what kind of folks would show or what would actually happen, but he decided to take a chance, a big chance. We SMAC Boi's are so very fortunate that he took that chance.

I was not there in the beginning. I missed the early meets at Squidwards & I actually have no idea who Strawman is. I discovered SMAC via Jeff's post in Audiogon, sent him a note and was accepted into his group. The first meet I attended I was so very surprised meeting so many friendly folks that were so into music and audio. Before that meet I had thought I was pretty much the odd man out, as caring about music and sound was not very important in the lives of the friends I had at the time. I remember telling Jeff how strange it now felt for me to drive past other homes and realize that there were nice stereos and music nuts in those homes.

Some of the guys I met at that first meet have become my closest friends, attending concerts and hanging out in front of each others stereos since.

SMAC led to AudioKarma, which led to AK Fests, which led to concerts together at the Ark, which led to meeting at the Detroit Jazz Festivals, which led to Mini Meats, Lard in theYard, and to many of my FaceBook Friends.

Jesus, ten years! That is 120 meets, every month, sun, rain or heavy snow, one a month for ten years, without fail!

Here is to another ten!:beerchug:

Thank you all my SMAC brothers!

Sorry to be late to the thread; been sidelined w/ some ongoing health issues.

As noted above, SMAC has proven to be a gateway drug, er, site to all things audio.

I for one am very grateful to Jeff for his many years of effort.

:yes:

Sorry to be late to the thread; been sidelined w/ some ongoing health issues.

As noted above, SMAC has proven to be a gateway drug, er, site to all things audio.

I for one am very grateful to Jeff for his many years of effort.

:yes:

Thank you. I hope you are feeling better.

And thanks guys for all the kind words. It's been a complete pleasure and I hope it will continue to be so into the indefinite future.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom